The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I know our blocking isn’t anything to write home about but for what it’s worth, they are worse pass blocking than they are run blocking. So let’s get rid of whatever semblance of an offense we decided to go to with the Watson and get back to hoping for a balance with more single back. Shotgun stuff and building around Watson trying to make reasonably quick decisions is like the worst looking offense I can remember us running here. I said as much the past year or two. Our offense is ugly with this shotgun Watson crap.

I think Stefanski should continue to force his offense down everyone's throat, and have long routes, where our slow a,, recievers can't get open, and our line can't protect!

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I think Stefanski should continue to force his offense down everyone's throat, and have long routes, where our slow a,, recievers can't get open, and our line can't protect!

Seems to be a flawless plan so far.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

They all seemed to get open just fine for Flacco 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hard to believe as soon as Old Man Flacco came in yesterday, the Colts offense was jump started as they beat the undefeated Steelers as he lit up the box score with 2 TD and 0 INT vs the best defense in the league.

Say what you will, but Berry deciding not to bring him back because of Watson’s fragile mental makeup is inexcusable.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Hard to believe as soon as Old Man Flacco came in yesterday, the Colts offense was jump started as they beat the undefeated Steelers as he lit up the box score with 2 TD and 0 INT vs the best defense in the league.

Say what you will, but Berry deciding not to bring him back because of Watson’s fragile mental makeup is inexcusable.

Who’s to say Winston can’t do the same thing. Jameis is a rich man’s Flacco at this point if we’re being honest.

A decade younger, slightly more athletic, same game almost exactly.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The ball certainly needs to come out of Watson's hands quicker, but to say that he is having the same amount of time as Flacco did last year or that he's missing wide open guys all the time doesn't seem to be true!  I could be wrong though...I don't have the all 22 like Mind

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who’s to say Winston can’t do the same thing. Jameis is a rich man’s Flacco at this point if we’re being honest.

A decade younger, slightly more athletic, same game almost exactly.

Doesn’t matter if he can; we KNEW Flacco could and paid Jameis more despite Joe wanting to stay. Give me a guaranteed guy over Jameis. Watson and his fragile ego couldn’t handle it and Berry catered to him, period.

5 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

The ball certainly needs to come out of Watson's hands quicker, but to say that he is having the same amount of time as Flacco did last year or that he's missing wide open guys all the time doesn't seem to be true!  I could be wrong though...I don't have the all 22 like Mind

I think part of that is defenses realizing that they can blitz Watson as he’s holding it vs Flacco getting rid of it.  It makes the job easier for the OL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Doesn’t matter if he can; we KNEW Flacco could and paid Jameis more despite Joe wanting to stay. Give me a guaranteed guy over Jameis. Watson and his fragile ego couldn’t handle it and Berry catered to him, period.

Didn’t they get paid exactly the same?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think part of that is defenses realizing that they can blitz Watson as he’s holding it vs Flacco getting rid of it.  It makes the job easier for the OL.

I watched the end of the Pittsburgh game. They had absolutely no answer for his release and ability to call out blitzes down the stretch yesterday, dude was a machine.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And let’s be honest, better with Flacco?  Yes.  Good enough?  Not at all.

If you’re counting on Joe Flacco at 40 you’re boned either way.

Lucky for us we are on pace for the 5th overall pick, a much more enviable position than to be contending for a division and playoff spot.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Lucky for us we are on pace for the 5th overall pick, a much more enviable position than to be contending for a division and playoff spot.

I don’t think we’d be contending for anything with Flacco, not for a whole season.

He eventually turns into a pumpkin, it happens every year.

Hes a guy who can come in and not suck short term, not a starter.

he wouldn’t even be playing here right now.  Watson, for as bad as he’s been, isn’t why we lost yesterday.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think we’d be contending for anything with Flacco, not for a whole season.

He eventually turns into a pumpkin, it happens every year.

Hes a guy who can come in and not suck short term, not a starter.

he wouldn’t even be playing here right now.  Watson, for as bad as he’s been, isn’t why we lost yesterday.

I think we’d absolutely be at worst 3-1 tied for the division lead with a highly motivated defense and upbeat locker room, and a soon returning Chubb, which he didn’t have last year.