Does Dallas make Prescott and Parsons the highest-paid at their positions?

RaidersAreOne

Does Dallas make Prescott and Parsons the highest-paid at their positions?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will Dallas do?

• Pay Prescott
    • Pay Parsons
    • Pay both
    • Move on / Trade both
  2. 2. What would you do?

• Pay Prescott
    • Pay Parsons
    • Pay both
    • Move on / Trade both

• 2 weeks later...

Highest paid QB ever and has been in the league for 8 years with 0 conference title performances. If a QB is that good to be paid so much they can basically will their teams to wins in the playoffs at least at some point in their career. Ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong he is a decent QB but getting paid the most is ridiculous.

Edited by aussie_eagle

5 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Dak will never be worth his salary. He doesn’t win big games. 

I agree. Im all for players getting as much money as they can but making Dak the highest paid player in NFL history and what we know him to be it just doesnt add up. Is he more than a capable starting QB? Yes. Is he a great locker room leader? Yes. But can he lead his team to the ultimate prize which is a Superbowl title? No. He has shown not only he fail, but he dont even look great. At least with some QBs you can say they played great enough to win its just the coaching let them down, or the defense let them down, or special teams etc... When Dak loses in the playoffs he struggles big time. Paying him all that money isnt going to change that narrative. I dont even think it will add more pressure on Dak bc he is who he is. It was money that the Cowboys just gave away.

I think Dallas shouldve went with McVay blueprint. McVay moved off of Goff bc he saw Goff could never get them over the hump. Went and got Stafford and it has worked out tremendously. Now I know there isnt a Stafford out there but could the Cowboys just move on from Dak and go into the draft to get Sanders, Ewers, or Beck? Yes. Heck draft trade up to draft Sanders and try to lure Dieon to coach his son in the NFL for the Cowboys. Then develop Sanders and hope he can finally be the guy to lead the Cowboys over the hump. And if not Dieon, go after Lions OC Ben Johnson to coach the young rookie QB. The Chiefs at one time had Alex Smith who was nice but he could only go so far. They traded up to get Mahomes who had a ton of flaws and wasnt even a winning QB in college. They moved off of Alex turned the franchise over to Mahomes and it has worked tremendously. So like you can move off of a safe QB that has a capped ceiling for someone who ceiling is unknown but could be tremendous. 

9 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Dak will never be worth his salary. He doesn’t win big games. 

The same goes for Parsons. His sack numbers look great in the last 2 years but he has a total of 4 sacks in 11 games in December/January. The defence let's Dallas down when it counts just as much as Dak does.

1 minute ago, Melbourne 9er said:

The same goes for Parsons. His sack numbers look great in the last 2 years but he has a total of 4 sacks in 11 games in December/January. The defence let's Dallas down when it counts just as much as Dak does.

But at least Parsons is better at his job than Dak is on his.