2024 Eagles regular season

11 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Respectfully, WTF does that even mean?

Basically from my understanding. Even If Reddick Gets traded, the New team could play him the Percentage needed or he could get 10 sacks as required to change from a 3rd to a 2nd and the Jets would still be on the hook for it. 

SO Reddick gets traded/released to ARZ he gets 10 Sacks and boom the Jets owe us the 2nd instead of the 3rd because he met the requirement even though he's not on their team. 

The Conditions on the trade are player specific and not Team Specific if that makes sense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Basically from my understanding. Even If Reddick Gets traded, the New team could play him the Percentage needed or he could get 10 sacks as required to change from a 3rd to a 2nd and the Jets would still be on the hook for it. 

SO Reddick gets traded/released to ARZ he gets 10 Sacks and boom the Jets owe us the 2nd instead of the 3rd because he met the requirement even though he's not on their team. 

The Conditions on the trade are player specific and not Team Specific if that makes sense. 

I mean the fact that he's missing all of these games is absolutely crushing his chances of achieving these marks. Like what happens if he plays like 5 games lol

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

That "2040 conditional pick" I called as making fun of the compensation we got from him isn't so far off now. Worst offseason move since 2011. 

So you are saying we should have given Reddick a multi year 25+ million dollar contract?

15 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So you are saying we should have given Reddick a multi year 25+ million dollar contract?

I think something could've been done with the money thrown to White and Huff that's for sure. I mean, the reality is looking worse than that option at this time. 

19 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think something could've been done with the money thrown to White and Huff that's for sure. I mean, the reality is looking worse than that option at this time. 

He would obviously have wanted more than both of those guys combined. I find it hard to believe that you and a lot of this forum would have been too happy with us giving a 30 year old pass rusher a $80ish million dollar contract.

If we could have kept Reddick and had him play for a year I would have loved to keep him, but that clearly was not happening. After the end of last year I find it hard to justify giving him a massive deal. Getting whatever compensation we could from him was the correct move.

The incorrect move was signing Huff. There were other DE's who could have been had for more money who were more proven. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He would obviously have wanted more than both of those guys combined. I find it hard to believe that you and a lot of this forum would have been too happy with us giving a 30 year old pass rusher a $80ish million dollar contract.

If we could have kept Reddick and had him play for a year I would have loved to keep him, but that clearly was not happening. After the end of last year I find it hard to justify giving him a massive deal. Getting whatever compensation we could from him was the correct move.

The incorrect move was signing Huff. There were other DE's who could have been had for more money who were more proven. 

Apparently it was him or Sweat too, there were rumors that there was some sort of friction between the two. Nobody wanted Sweat and we can all see why now. 

I think that with that money at least a holdout would have been avoided, but I'm no expert on that. 

If there weren't trying to replace him with Huff, that wouldn't have looked that bad. That's why those 15 mil are such a waste of resources. 

Let's see how the edge position is addressed during the season, but that seems unlikely. 

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You're assuming it would of taken that much? Who's to say he wouldn't of signed to remain a Eagle for $20-22m?

We have Huff making $17M with 1 singular tackle, 0 sacks, 0, pressures thru 4 weeks of healthy playing time. 

You honestly believe Hassan would have those stats or that amount of money wouldn't of been worth it? 

I never understood the trade from the Jump because he is exactly the type of player Fangio covers. The type of play Bryce Huff clearly isn't!!

18 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Apparently it was him or Sweat too, there were rumors that there was some sort of friction between the two. Nobody wanted Sweat and we can all see why now. 

I think that with that money at least a holdout would have been avoided, but I'm no expert on that. 

If there weren't trying to replace him with Huff, that wouldn't have looked that bad. That's why those 15 mil are such a waste of resources. 

Let's see how the edge position is addressed during the season, but that seems unlikely. 

It’ll 100% be addressed

will it be addressed well? That’s a different question. That’s more the wait and see

But they will 100% address it

i still think based on what I’ve seen from Nolan smith the rotation needs to be Nolan smith and jalyx hunt until they land someone else

i mean Patrick Johnson would’ve been better than what huff is doing lol

The crazy part is hunt literally can’t do worse and if that’s the case he should be playing. Fans will say sometimes. “Player x can’t do worse than player y” and usually it’s because fans don’t realize how much worse it can get

but with huff. It objectively can’t be worse lol

• Like 1

Just now, Last Stand said:

It’ll 100% be addressed

will it be addressed well? That’s a different question. That’s more the wait and see

But they will 100% address it

i still think based on what I’ve seen from Nolan smith the rotation needs to be Nolan smith and jalyx hunt until they land someone else

i mean Patrick Johnson would’ve been better than what huff is doing lol

The crazy part is hunt literally can’t do worse and if that’s the case he should be playing. Fans will say sometimes. “Player x can’t do worse than player y” and usually it’s because fans don’t realize how much worse it can get

but with huff. It objectively can’t be worse lol

Remember the Robert Quinn trade? Good times. 

If someone would tell me we will be asking for more playing time from Nolan Smith I'd say: "OMG so he did pan out and he's a pass rusher now". But we somehow put someone worse as the starter. 

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Remember the Robert Quinn trade? Good times. 

If someone would tell me we will be asking for more playing time from Nolan Smith I'd say: "OMG so he did pan out and he's a pass rusher now". But we somehow put someone worse as the starter. 

Yeah that’s the concern. And Robert Quinn was kind of a luxury trade. Hoping to improve an already great pass rush

there was nothing to lose and we still kinda lost there. If he was even decent we might have a 2nd Super Bowl ring

the thing is Nolan smith absolutely sucks at pass rush. But at least he’s good against the run.

if we aren’t going to get pass rush regardless let’s at least have a guy who’s going to set an actual edge. Sure QBs will have all day. But at least we won’t get gashed. Tired of watching huff get manhandled by TEs

• Like 1