2024 Eagles regular season

On 9/9/2024 at 10:11 AM, EagleBlueDon said:

Well isn't GB equally as lucky, arguably more lucky from the Eagles making so many self-inflicted mistakes? Fumbled snaps, bad decisions, etc.?

Yeah.  It’s crazy, it’s almost like the Eagles are the same team they were the last 8 weeks of the season last year.  

But that’s ok.  Nicky Kotite said today that this week they focused on the fundamentals.  

1 hour ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Yeah.  It’s crazy, it’s almost like the Eagles are the same team they were the last 8 weeks of the season last year.  

But that’s ok.  Nicky Kotite said today that this week they focused on the fundamentals.  

I'm willing to give them some time, but they did look similar to last year. Having competent coordinators, as well as being cognizant of what happened last season gives me some hope. Jalen just needs to stop making the dumbest possible decisions and they'll automatically be better. That and he needs to take speed and agility training seriously lol bc that trait of his is long gone apparently.

3 hours ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

You can't seriously believe that. If you want to say that they're the same as the first part of last year and despite not playing great they were able to do enough to win, I completely understand that. The Packers are a very good football team. Lets give Jalen a few weeks to see if he can avoid turning the ball over and get the offense to another level. The defense was put into bad positions many times last game from those turnovers, and yeah they have some things to work on. 

I think what is genuinely concerning to me right now defensively, is how poor the D-Line played as a whole week 1. 

• Like 1

The Eagles team from the last 7 weeks of last year would have lost to that Packers team by 40. They would have given up after the first two disaster plays on offense. There are definitely still concerns that they need to alleviate, but getting the win in week one was very important to give them some confidence. Team still needs to do a lot to earn the confidence of fans obviously, but it is a start.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

So it actually sounds like the eagles angle is Quinyon at the outside and cooper on the inside 

my question with that is if that was the plan what was all the Rodgers outside quinyon inside stuff? 

just to see how versatile Quinyon is? Lol

i know cooper was injured but it’s still funny to me.

if dejean actually starts at nickel would this be howies best draft ever? I mean 2 essentially day 1 starters isn’t exactly common. Especially for us and especially on defense lol

15 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

So it actually sounds like the eagles angle is Quinyon at the outside and cooper on the inside 

my question with that is if that was the plan what was all the Rodgers outside quinyon inside stuff? 

just to see how versatile Quinyon is? Lol

i know cooper was injured but it’s still funny to me.

if dejean actually starts at nickel would this be howies best draft ever? I mean 2 essentially day 1 starters isn’t exactly common. Especially for us and especially on defense lol

Vic said all summer the best CB combination will play. Getting Mitchell reps as a SCB only helps him in the long run. Cooper getting healthy and playing SCB just makes this secondary better in Dime. 

Most offenses are running out 3-4WR sets. With both Cooper and Mitchell now having the "ability" to play inside is a good thing.

Had they kept Mitchell outside all camp, we wouldn't know if he could do it until real games actually mattered. 

As I said before "IF" Rodgers is made the Starter outside opposite of Slay, that means Vic trusts him. That's the best Trio in his mind! In that scenario I have no problem whatsoever kicking Mitchell inside, I trust Fangio! If he's not, and Quinyon/Cooper/Slay ends up the main trio, so be it. 

It's nice for once actually having so many good options at CB when players like Maddox, Ringo, DeJean and or Rodgers might not be getting as many reps.

In otherwords,  the opposite of last year.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's nice for once actually having so many good options at CB when players like Maddox, Ringo, DeJean and or Rodgers might not be getting as many reps.

Yeah the depth in this CB group is truly great. I would feel comfortable with Rodgers starting games. I would feel comfortable with Ringo starting games and excited to see what he can bring to the table in his second year. Avante.....he has to play better than he did last week, but hes been serviceable/ a good SCB for most of his career. Rodgers, Ringo, and Maddox as backups when they could start for a number of teams is great depth.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I am not moving Q into the slot. Keep him outside and let him get reps and develop. As good as he was last week he is still a rookie. If Cooper isn’t ready this week take the lumps with Avonte and try to help him when possible. As soon as Cooper is good to go we will really see what we have. 

So sit Isiah Rodgers who can't play in the slot? Why does it matter? It's not a detriment to his overall game, it's an added bonus. Quinyon isn't going to forget how to play outside?

I think of it differently. Imagine if Mitchell learned the SCB position and in the future traveled and was able to follow teams #1 WR? Like Revis? Inside, outside, didn't matter? Go get em!!

Cee Dee Lamb lines up majority of his snaps in the slot, on purpose to create mismatches. Numerous 2024 opponents will be doing that. Who would you rather try to cover Lamb in 8 weeks? Maddox or Mitchell? Mitchell or DeJean?

IMO you only start him outside if Rodgers becomes a liability. Or if either Isiah or Slay are lost to injury. IF and that's a big IF, Rodgers plays regular season games like he apparently looked all summer vs AJ/Smitty. We want him on the field. It's not a bad thing.

Question truly is, which Rodgers are going to get? Guess we'll see. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

So sit Isiah Rodgers who can't play in the slot? Why does it matter? It's not a detriment to his overall game, it's an added bonus. Quinyon isn't going to forget how to play outside?

I think of it differently. Imagine if Mitchell learned the SCB position and in the future traveled and was able to follow teams #1 WR? Like Revis? Inside, outside, didn't matter? Go get em!!

Cee Dee Lamb lines up majority of his snaps in the slot, on purpose to create mismatches. Numerous 2024 opponents will be doing that. Who would you rather try to cover Lamb in 8 weeks? Maddox or Mitchell? Mitchell or DeJean?

IMO you only start him outside if Rodgers becomes a liability. Or if either Isiah or Slay are lost to injury. IF and that's a big IF, Rodgers plays regular season games like he apparently looked all summer vs AJ/Smitty. We want him on the field. It's not a bad thing.

Question truly is, which Rodgers are going to get? Guess we'll see. 

He is a rookie. If they want to cross train him fine, but I see no reason he needs to do that this year… especially since he played so well outside last week. Let him develop outside and figure it out from there. We can talk about him following WRs in a year or two if he gets to that point. Right now I am planning for DeJean to be the starting NCB in a week or two so him going inside I just wasted reps. Plan for the playoffs not week 2.