NYRaider

Who ya got?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chargers

On 9/15/2024 at 8:49 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not you but others here.

You’re new but I’ve been defending the defense for many moons around here.

Year after year offense does next to nothing most of the time but the defense gets the blame. People think defense should hold chargers to 9 points so the offense can suck in peace. 

The defense has only been competent for the past year.  So, I'm surprised you're defending them when they've been historically terrible the 8-10 years prior to that.

Best, worst of past decade in NFL - Signings, fantasy players, game and more - ESPN

ESPN even ranked them as the worst defense between 2010-2020.  Offense has had some down years, but they were also ranked 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/raiders-offensive-rankings-by-year

If the 2020 Raiders had last year's defense, we would have won the freaking SB.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

The defense has only been competent for the past year.  So, I'm surprised you're defending them when they've been historically terrible the 8-10 years prior to that.

Best, worst of past decade in NFL - Signings, fantasy players, game and more - ESPN

ESPN even ranked them as the worst defense between 2010-2020.  Offense has had some down years, but they were also ranked 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/raiders-offensive-rankings-by-year

If the 2020 Raiders had last year's defense, we would have won the freaking SB.

Ncough claims that if a qb doesn’t turn the ball over they’ve had a good game. (Said Aoc vs kc not completing a pass for 3 qs, was good qb play because he didn’t turn it over)

but says our D that was last in turnovers was good, even tho by his standards basically every QB had good games against us. 

I don’t think it’s illogical to say, if every qb plays well against you, your passing D is bad 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Ncough claims that if a qb doesn’t turn the ball over they’ve had a good game. (Said Aoc vs kc not completing a pass for 3 qs, was good qb play because he didn’t turn it over)

but says our D that was last in turnovers was good, even tho by his standards basically every QB had good games against us. 

I don’t think it’s illogical to say, if every qb plays well against you, your passing D is bad 

@NCOUGHMAN has some crazy logic.  :(

Edited by Jerry