Dolphins extend CB Jalen Ramsey (3 / 72.3)

Forge

6 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

The Vikings had a guy whose last name I can't remember Xavier (?).  He was very good too for a couple of years.  He was able to shut down guys like Megatron.  After a couple years though, he pretty much fell off of a cliff too.

Xavier Rhodes

• Like 1

On 9/6/2024 at 12:44 PM, Jameson_Neat said:

The list of CBs that kept up their stellar play at 30+ is incredibly short. Slay, Green and Woodson are the only three I can think of at the moment. The peak corner window may be the smallest window in the game.

Yup. Darrelle Revis was getting torched once he was over 30. 

On 9/6/2024 at 6:35 PM, Soko said:

Not that it justifies the dollars that Ramsey’s going to bring in (at least “cap dollars”) but I think he could at least make that move you know safety ala Woodson when he starts to get slower. PP’s never had that physicality or that knack in zone, two things I think Ramsey definitely still has going for him.

Hasn’t the change to safety happened less and less frequently over the past decade or so?  I can remember it was a way to extend careers of corners like Woodson and Aeneas Williams, but for some reason, that hasn’t happened all too much recently. 

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Hasn’t the change to safety happened less and less frequently over the past decade or so?  I can remember it was a way to extend careers of corners like Woodson and Aeneas Williams, but for some reason, that hasn’t happened all too much recently. 

Woodson wasn’t as long ago as people think, but yeah it’s not all that frequent tbh. McCourty made a career of it. Kareem Jackson made the switch. You have those tweeners like Lamarcus Joyner, Tyrann Mathieu, Brian Branch, CJGJ, but they do it more out of being a sort of “diverse nickel” than someone like Ramsey who is a pure outside corner kind of guy.

It gets overstated, I think, but I do believe Ramsey could do it. He’s a physical tackler and has a good feel for the back end of the defense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Soko said:

Woodson wasn’t as long ago as people think, but yeah it’s not all that frequent tbh. McCourty made a career of it. Kareem Jackson made the switch. You have those tweeners like Lamarcus Joyner, Tyrann Mathieu, Brian Branch, CJGJ, but they do it more out of being a sort of “diverse nickel” than someone like Ramsey who is a pure outside corner kind of guy.

It gets overstated, I think, but I do believe Ramsey could do it. He’s a physical tackler and has a good feel for the back end of the defense.

I feel like he’ll be in the star role. Closer to the LOS. He likes that role a lot. But we were wasting his talents in that role and putting hin at risk for injury. Ramsey is fast and tall, he can play till he’s 34. His coverage has fallen off a cliff from his Jags days till 2020 Rams. He was bad 21-22.. It’s like he lost the physically he use to play with. He use to punk WRs now he gets beat with doubles, slants and post… He tries to gamble for the int and gets burned.. If he plays sound defense(it’s boring and he hates it, he wants to make plays) he’ll be a monster again. Because he still has all the physical abilities. 

• Like 1