Week 2 GDT: Bears @ Texans

PAtexansFAN_99

Major Takeaways

1. Too many 3rd & 10s: We've got to find a way to stay ahead of the chains. We've got to get Dell & Diggs more involved. Pass protection has been seriously concerning. I'm wondering how much worse Blake Fisher can possibly be than Tytus Howard..

2. The defense is forreal: Stingley was getting picked on early but regrouped in the second half. Lassiter should've gotten credit for that second pick, To'o To'o barely touched that guy. Anderson and Hunter are as advertised. Even Henry T looked good out there tonight. 

3. PENALTIES!!: Way too many! Several B.S. calls FOR SURE. Unsportsmanlike on Nico after the eye poke, roughing the passer on Mario Edwards at the end. I feel like a couple of those Kris Boyd holdings were pretty ticky tacky. But overall, we've got to play much, MUCH cleaner if we want to keep the good times rolling. 

We are 2-0, but I've seen a 2-0 Texans team go 2-14. We've got to start playing complete games soon, the schedule does not get any easier. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Vikings are going to be tough next week.  They just knocked off the 49ers!

Jefferson might not play.  If he doesnt then they are in trouble.

I'm glad we faced Caleb Williams early.  He is going to be good.  We have to clean up the penalties.  Some of them tonight were uncalled for.  The game should have been a double digit win if Akers didn't fumble.  He still is the second best back on this roster. 

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Jefferson might not play.  If he doesnt then they are in trouble.

I'm glad we faced Caleb Williams early.  He is going to be good.  We have to clean up the penalties.  Some of them tonight were uncalled for.  The game should have been a double digit win if Akers didn't fumble.  He still is the second best back on this roster. 

That could be a big issue for them.  I think their #2 receiver (can't remember his name) is out with injuries too.  I don't know if he will be back next week or not.  One thing I will say is that Sam Darnold has looked a lot better than most of us thought he would, so far. 

We’ve got the Vikings and then the jags, and if we are going to make some noise, we need to be 4-0 by the time this first quarter is over. 

week 5, we will need to score a lot of points because Josh Allen will light up our secondary. 

im holding firm to my 11-6 prediction. 11-6 will easily win the AFC South. 

Watched the first half and then crashed. Looks like I didn't miss much in the 2nd half.

My key takeaways

1)The Bears D and ours is legit. 

2)The offense missed Juice at C, in pass pro calls, and in the IOL run blocking. (Sweat is a monster inside from Chi)

3)The offense along with many other offenses outside of New Orleans are still rusty/out of sync. Obviously this is due to lack of competitive reps in the pre-season, I guess teams are ok with that.

4)Lass and Bull are players man! 

5)Nico is raising up the ranks in best draft pick in franchise history 

A win's a win in the NFL. Last night will good ol fashioned BOB complimentary football. All 3 aspects of the game were needed and guys in it showed up big throughout.

The ref crew last night was so ***. The game has zero flow to it. 

• Like 1