Week 16 GDT: Here come the Bills

Deadpulse

Bills at Patriots  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bills get chippy in response to Gronk dirty dirty dirt hit

• No, they are well coached and will rise above it
    • No, they can't afford to if they want a wildcard
    • Yes
  2. 2. What will Mikey G's workload/production look like?

• He gets his chance to stick it to his old team: 15 carries, 75 yards, 2+ TDs
    • Only goal-line work
    • Bell cow's it: 20+ carries
    • change of pace for Lewis, loses the carry battle 25 to 10
    • Puts 100 yards on his former team
    • has 3 or more TDs against his former team
  3. 3. Will the Patriots clinch the first round bye this week?

• Yes, they handle the Bills and Pitt takes a loss
    • No, the Bills split the series and Pitt handles Houston on Christmas
    • No, the Bills split the series but Pitt also loses to Houston while the Jags roll to a 3 way tie of records atop the AFC

10 minutes ago, Starless said:

Yeah but in reality there's nothing the defender can do short of vacating the space and give the WR a clear shot at the ball, which would defeat the purpose of, you know, being a defender. 

It's the responsibility of the defender to defend legally. 

Unless you're advocating (and I'd be inclined to agree with you) that DPI shouldn't be called if the defender is in between the ball and the receiver and the contact/interference is initiated by the WR needing to come back for the ball.

But as the rules are at the moment it should have been considered catchable and therefore DPI 

1 minute ago, TomRalph said:

It's the responsibility of the defender to defend legally. 

Unless you're advocating (and I'd be inclined to agree with you) that DPI shouldn't be called if the defender is in between the ball and the receiver and the contact/interference is initiated by the WR needing to come back for the ball.

But as the rules are at the moment it should have been considered catchable and therefore DPI 

I'm advocating that a ball underthrown by more than the receiver's catch radius should be considered uncatchable.

Just now, Starless said:

I'm advocating that a ball underthrown by more than the receiver's catch radius should be considered uncatchable.

But you must take into account that the receiver can change position by moving/running and thus increasing the catch radius. 

I just think we disagree on how large a catch radius should be considered on DPI calls. 

Anyone who has faith in this defense is blind! Look at the miss tackles, blown coverage's, missed sacks. Unless Tom can stop playing like he's 40 the boys are in big trouble fellas. And no this is not an overreaction its a reality and I know some on here will call this trolling but it's not its a fact.

1 minute ago, NFL Network said:

Anyone who has faith in this defense is blind! Look at the miss tackles, blown coverage's, missed sacks. Unless Tom can stop playing like he's 40 the boys are in big trouble fellas. And no this is not an overreaction its a reality and I know some on here will call this trolling but it's not its a fact.

You know they held them to a FG right?

I get that they aren't a very good/top defense, but if the offense can get on track, which I have faith they can if they get to rest over the bye week and get healthy, then this mediocre defense can hold off opponents in the playoffs just enough for the offense to win them.

Archived