Week 16 GDT: Here come the Bills

Deadpulse

Bills at Patriots  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bills get chippy in response to Gronk dirty dirty dirt hit

• No, they are well coached and will rise above it
    • No, they can't afford to if they want a wildcard
    • Yes
  2. 2. What will Mikey G's workload/production look like?

• He gets his chance to stick it to his old team: 15 carries, 75 yards, 2+ TDs
    • Only goal-line work
    • Bell cow's it: 20+ carries
    • change of pace for Lewis, loses the carry battle 25 to 10
    • Puts 100 yards on his former team
    • has 3 or more TDs against his former team
  3. 3. Will the Patriots clinch the first round bye this week?

• Yes, they handle the Bills and Pitt takes a loss
    • No, the Bills split the series and Pitt handles Houston on Christmas
    • No, the Bills split the series but Pitt also loses to Houston while the Jags roll to a 3 way tie of records atop the AFC

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

You know they held them to a FG right?

I get that they aren't a very good/top defense, but if the offense can get on track, which I have faith they can if they get to rest over the bye week and get healthy, then this mediocre defense can hold off opponents in the playoffs just enough for the offense to win them.

I get it but if the offense was scoring TD's at an alarming rate then the poor defense would be a moot point but that's not the case hence the 4th down failure that is pending now.

Just now, NFL Network said:

I get it but if the offense was scoring TD's at an alarming rate then the poor defense would be a moot point but that's not the case hence the 4th down failure that is pending now.

The offense, including Brady, are banged up right now. We haven't had our full offense on the field for quite some time. I think having the bye week can really get the offense healthier and back on track.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

The offense, including Brady, are banged up right now. We haven't had our full offense on the field for quite some time. I think having the bye week can really get the offense healthier and back on track.

I'm glad you said bye week b/c that's why I am so worried about losing b/c without they are toast in the playoffs by having to play the extra game. Yes I know the health has been a serious issue since the preseason Jules injury.

That 3rd down fail is a perfect example of why this team is prime to fail in the playoffs. Look at what the Bills are doing on 3rd down and then look at what the Patriots are doing? They went up temp and then stopped when they got in the red area? Why the change? Just treat all remaining drives like a 2 min drill unless they are leading an trying to kill clock.

3 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

I'm glad you said bye week b/c that's why I am so worried about losing b/c without they are toast in the playoffs by having to play the extra game. Yes I know the health has been a serious issue since the preseason Jules injury.

I get your worry about not getting a bye, I'm worried as well.

But we always have tough games against our division opponents. More often than not, we pull these games out in the end. So talking about our bye week being gone, and hello 3rd seed, in the 1st qtr of a game, is just too early imo.

Just now, NFL Network said:

That 3rd down fail is a perfect example of why this team is prime to fail in the playoffs. Look at what the Bills are doing on 3rd down and then look at what the Patriots are doing? They went up temp and then stopped when they got in the red area? Why the change? Just treat all remaining drives like a 2 min drill unless they are leading an trying to kill clock.

They stopped going no huddle because of the challenge. It slowed the tempo of the whole game. No point in artificially speeding the game up for the sake of it at that point. 

Archived