2024 WEEK 2 | vs Atlanta (MNF)

Kiltman

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Your just saying it is a bad decision without acknowledging that the situation is nearly impossible to navigate. What are the realistic expectations in that situation? 

Sure the ball could have been better. He could have waited a down to throw it. That said calling it a bad decision and then drawing long term conclusions based off THAT? It is just completely ridiculous. There are so, so many other things to look at before Hurts in that game.

He controls the ball. He can put it in danger if the situation proves it so. There wasn’t a need to do so. He needs to be aware. (He’s struggled with this) The whole game doesn’t fall on him. But the whole game falls on a few plays, in his control. He shouldn’t be the reason we are losing. When we have a chance to win, he needs to be counted on. Period. He’s paid to be the man. 

This forum acting like no QB has ever taken his team 20 yards in 20 seconds with a timeout in hand. Low percentage is better than no percentage. And they've done it with worse WR groups than ours without AJ, and with worse OL's.

Throw the ball away, we still have a low percentage to win the game. Throw a pick? No percentage.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Preaching to the choir my brother. Also getting annoying watching Hurts keep the ball on the some of these options, then running for 1 yard or throwing the ball away, as a gap opens up in front of Saquon.

Didn’t wanna pile on with this but he’s not an option QB anymore. It’s nice he has the legs to escape and cause some damage when defenses drop coverage, plays break down, etc, but the league has figured us out with this. Pass/run option sure. That run/keep option is trash. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He controls the ball. He can put it in danger if the situation proves it so. There wasn’t a need to do so. He needs to be aware. (He’s struggled with this) The whole game doesn’t fall on him. But the whole game falls on a few plays, in his control. He shouldn’t be the reason we are losing. When we have a chance to win, he needs to be counted on. Period. He’s paid to be the man. 

It is a good thing he wasn't the reason we lost tonight lol. He threw the ball into our 12 million dollar RB's hands. It proceeded to bounce off said hands. If that play happens this discussion can never happen. And yet here we are having it somehow.....

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

This forum acting like no QB has ever taken his team 20 yards in 20 seconds with a timeout in hand. Low percentage is better than no percentage. And they've done it with worse WR groups than ours without AJ.

Just to put the math in perspective here: According to ESPN's analytic model the Eagles had a 97% chance to win the game before the Saquon drop. After the Falcons TD they gave the Falcons a 90+% chance to win. So we are faulting Jalen Hurts for not making what is essentially a 1 in 10 comeback. If your expectations are for Hurts to be elite and consistently get us out of holes similar to Mahomes, Manning, or Rodgers.... I think the issue is your expectations. Was it possible? Sure. Likely? Absolutely not. 

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It is a good thing he wasn't the reason we lost tonight lol. He threw the ball into our 12 million dollar RB's hands. It proceeded to bounce off said hands. If that play happens this discussion can never happen. And yet here we are having it somehow.....

Just to put the math in perspective here: According to ESPN's analytic model the Eagles had a 97% chance to win the game before the Saquon drop. After the Falcons TD they gave the Falcons a 90+% chance to win. So we are faulting Jalen Hurts for not making what is essentially a 1 in 10 comeback. If your expectations are for Hurts to be elite and consistently get us out of holes similar to Mahomes, Manning, or Rodgers.... I think the issue is your expectations. Was it possible? Sure. Likely? Absolutely not. 

I guess if we’re quoting money, then it should be pretty reasonable that my 50M(!!!) QB doesn’t piss the game away on 1st down. I think I can expect my FQB to be able to overcome one play his receivers can’t make. 

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Prime time Kirk drove 70 yards in a minute, but asking Hurts to go 15 yards with 27 seconds left is unreasonable.

I mean. Just to revisit. If Hurts was lights out the whole night, this would still be a problem. As a top 5 paid QB, he should overcome in these situations. Hey, sometimes you can’t, I get it. But you can’t screw the game away and expect no criticism. Awful decision in a prime situation. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

I guess if we’re quoting money, then it should be pretty reasonable that my 50M(!!!) QB doesn’t piss the game away on 1st down. I think I can expect my FQB to be able to overcome one play his receivers can’t make. 

Framing Saquon dropping a wide open three yard pass that instantly wins us the game as a play his receiver can’t make is WILD. Especially after you eviscerated him for bad decision making based on that last throw. 

If you want to focus on Jalen I really don’t know what to say. He isn’t elite, he never will be. I agree that last week he was terrible, but if we are coming out of this game blaming him I think there are shades on someone…. But it isn’t me. 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I mean. Just to revisit. If Hurts was lights out the whole night, this would still be a problem. As a top 5 paid QB, he should overcome in these situations. Hey, sometimes you can’t, I get it. But you can’t screw the game away and expect no criticism. Awful decision in a prime situation. 

It's fine if he doesn't drive us down the field, you just can't end it with a pick that nobody on your own team has a chance at catching.

10 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Framing Saquon dropping a wide open three yard pass that instantly wins us the game as a play his receiver can’t make is WILD. Especially after you eviscerated him for bad decision making based on that last throw. 

If you want to focus on Jalen I really don’t know what to say. He isn’t elite, he never will be. I agree that last week he was terrible, but if we are coming out of this game blaming him I think there are shades on someone…. But it isn’t me. 

Receivers dropping balls, no matter the point in any game, happens. All across the league. My FQB consistently putting the ball in harms way, repeatedly is not what I expect. He has the responsibility, whether you think it’s just or not. When you’re paid to be elite, you have the responsibility to perform that way. Much, much too many times we are left scratching our heads.