2024 WEEK 2 | vs Atlanta (MNF)

Kiltman

59 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

That is front office mal practice. 3 first round picks in two years, one third round pick this year, big contract in 2022 and another one this year. That is a money/picks pit. 

None of the DLINE is the kind of DL that Fangio needs. Fangio is not the DC for the Personnel on Defense that we have. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

That is front office mal practice. 3 first round picks in two years, one third round pick this year, big contract in 2022 and another one this year. That is a money/picks pit. 

It’s not great. I still think jalen carter is going to be great. Jordan Davis is running out of time. He has moments. But mostly isn’t doing his one main job. Nolan smith looked bad yesterday. 

jaylx is someone who should be getting a swing out there. He showed a lot in camp.

I’m not ready to bail, but it’s not looking good early

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

It’s not great. I still think jalen carter is going to be great. Jordan Davis is running out of time. He has moments. But mostly isn’t doing his one main job. Nolan smith looked bad yesterday. 

jaylx is someone who should be getting a swing out there. He showed a lot in camp.

I’m not ready to bail, but it’s not looking good early

Hunt was active and played 0 snaps yesterday. I don't get it.

This team really should change their team building approach and invest more in scouting and less in going with the consensus or players the coaches want. Those two things backfire a lot with us. 

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Bryce Huff's current stat line for the year:

1 assisted tackle.

THAT IS IT. HE HASN'T EVEN MADE ONE TACKLE.

How the hell did this guy have 10 sacks last year. 

Probably usage

our DL looks confused. Sweat said it yesterday. Everyone is operating as a solo act.

its the antithesis of 2017 where there was some talent but it was 7-8 ish guys working as a unit 

having one guy have double digit sacks is fine. Having 6-8 guys working as a unit. That’s always going to be better with pass rush

last year being the perfect example. You said it earlier. Even with reddick the edges didn’t register a sack 

this is deeper than players. There’s something wrong with the unit as a whole. Even watching them it looks like everyone is just going up field with no regard for their lanes, the responsibilities, etc

2 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Probably usage

our DL looks confused. Sweat said it yesterday. Everyone is operating as a solo act.

its the antithesis of 2017 where there was some talent but it was 7-8 ish guys working as a unit 

having one guy have double digit sacks is fine. Having 6-8 guys working as a unit. That’s always going to be better with pass rush

last year being the perfect example. You said it earlier. Even with reddick the edges didn’t register a sack 

this is deeper than players. There’s something wrong with the unit as a whole. Even watching them it looks like everyone is just going up field with no regard for their lanes, the responsibilities, etc

Sure usage matters, but the guy is just useless out there. He doesn't do anything. At least some of the other guys flash during the game. Huff is just getting washed EVERY play. He got legit stonewalled by a TE multiple times last night. He is an active detriment to have out there.

This is a Byron Maxwell bad F/A signing. One of those guys that you wonder how they ever had any success in the league. He is that bad. 

And I don't think it is deeper than the players. No one is making a play at EDGE because they aren't good enough. Sweat was washed last year, still is. Huff is awful. Nolan should be a LB. BG is just too old still a solid rotational guy, but not a guy you can rely on every down. It's just a disaster of a position group. Coaching and scheme are one thing, but the tape these guys are putting out is a disgrace.

DT we are at least getting contributions, but not enough to make up for the disaster the EDGE group is. This defense is literally designed around getting pressure with 4-5. If we can't do that it won't function. Good on them for getting stops in the red zone, but everything before the 15 yard line last night was a disaster.

34 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Probably usage

Apparently this was a problem last year too. Or at least that's what they said.

So, new DL coach and new DC and it's still happening?

Huff appears to be the worst FA signing by Howie since Nnamdi...

55 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Bryce Huff's current stat line for the year:

1 assisted tackle.

THAT IS IT. HE HASN'T EVEN MADE ONE TACKLE.

How the hell did this guy have 10 sacks last year. 

System.  He came from an aggressive attacking defensive system where all he was asked to do was scream off the edge and get sacks.  There was no thinking involved just use your athleticism and beat your man to a spot.  It was always a risk going after Huff.  He sets the edge about as well as the fat and slow kid on a pee wee football team.

43 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Sure usage matters, but the guy is just useless out there. He doesn't do anything. At least some of the other guys flash during the game. Huff is just getting washed EVERY play. He got legit stonewalled by a TE multiple times last night. He is an active detriment to have out there.

This is a Byron Maxwell bad F/A signing. One of those guys that you wonder how they ever had any success in the league. He is that bad. 

And I don't think it is deeper than the players. No one is making a play at EDGE because they aren't good enough. Sweat was washed last year, still is. Huff is awful. Nolan should be a LB. BG is just too old still a solid rotational guy, but not a guy you can rely on every down. It's just a disaster of a position group. Coaching and scheme are one thing, but the tape these guys are putting out is a disgrace.

DT we are at least getting contributions, but not enough to make up for the disaster the EDGE group is. This defense is literally designed around getting pressure with 4-5. If we can't do that it won't function. Good on them for getting stops in the red zone, but everything before the 15 yard line last night was a disaster.

It’s definitely feeling like Maxwell 

and this is feeling like the end of chip

Remember that final year of chip where we brought in pat Shurmur for his proven success calling plays

but I’m not going to give up. It is clear on some level that it was time to move on from coach. I think nicks a good guy, but he’s not the coach to fix last season. They clearly needed a steadier hand and a new philosophy on both sides of the ball.

again it’s early. I tend to wait before I go into the “we’re not that good who are we drafting” thing

this years draft at least looks like an ace.

as a fan I have to hope Carter, Davis and company can figure it out. 

I mean the ravens would’ve drafted Davis if we didn’t jump them and they know what they’re doing so I can’t assume it’s all him or them as a unit.

but huff unquestionably is a concern. He hasn’t even flashed yet

Edited by Last Stand

44 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It’s bad that as a whole the defense doesn’t look like it’s in any sort of cohesive state

ignoring huff

pass rush works best when everyone is working together to open up lanes, the LBs are covering just long enough, and the DBs are covering even a bit longer so that those open lanes can be capitalized

But no one is on the same page at all

24 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Apparently this was a problem last year too. Or at least that's what they said.

So, new DL coach and new DC and it's still happening?

Huff appears to be the worst FA signing by Howie since Nnamdi...

They are lost and nobody understands their run fits and that is why they are getting gashed in the run game.  Fix the run defense and a lot of this gets cleaned up.  Easier said then done though bc there is a total lack of fundamentals being displayed from these guys.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

They are lost and nobody understands their run fits and that is why they are getting gashed in the run game.  Fix the run defense and a lot of this gets cleaned up.  Easier said then done though bc there is a total lack of fundamentals being displayed from these guys.

My thing is taking the fan out of it

Taking bias out of it

offensive and defensive systems take time to learn. It’s par for the course for players to be playing heady while they’re learning a system, to be thinking before moving, to not know the ins and outs

usually it takes 6-8 weeks for people to get comfortable

thats why returning coaches are important things for everyone. 

so while im pretty disappointed, this isn’t some rare occurrence

this is the most common occurrence 

rare would’ve been them hitting the ground running with 2 new systems

the eagle fan in me gets doom and gloom, but if I step out of myself literally every team other than the saints and Texans looked abysmal in week 2

What’s the lions excuse? They returned literally everyone. They were at home. 

what’s the cowboys excuse? They got mollywopped at home.

as frustrated as I am, it’s clearly league wide. I remember last year everyone thought the 49ers were done before their bye week and that purdy was trash

2 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

My thing is taking the fan out of it

Taking bias out of it

offensive and defensive systems take time to learn. It’s par for the course for players to be playing heady while they’re learning a system, to be thinking before moving, to not know the ins and outs

usually it takes 6-8 weeks for people to get comfortable

thats why returning coaches are important things for everyone. 

so while im pretty disappointed, this isn’t some rare occurrence

this is the most common occurrence 

rare would’ve been them hitting the ground running with 2 new systems

the eagle fan in me gets doom and gloom, but if I step out of myself literally every team other than the saints and Texans looked abysmal in week 2

What’s the lions excuse? They returned literally everyone. They were at home. 

what’s the cowboys excuse? They got mollywopped at home.

as frustrated as I am, it’s clearly league wide. I remember last year everyone thought the 49ers were done before their bye week and that purdy was trash

If Sirianni wasn’t the head coach I could buy this. But he is. Dude is a just a choker at this point and that isn’t changing if last night is evidence of anything.