Monday Night Football: Atlanta Falcons (0-1) @ Philadelphia Eagles (1-0)

Football_Bachelor08

Monday Night Football: Atlanta Falcons (0-1) @ Philadelphia Eagles (1-0)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Falcons
    • Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2024 at 12:15 AM

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Coaching is so bad now days.

Analytical stupidity.

Examples

You're down 17-7 , with 10 minutes left in the game. Your on the 3 yard line & it's 4th down.

Do you go for it on 4th to get the TD? Only being down 3?

Or

Do you kick the FG, but still need a TD to tie it up?

What would I do?

KIck the FG & only be down 7, with 10 min to go. Your defense has played well, hince the score. Get the ball back & try to tie it up. ( Or go for the win with 2- pt conversion) Which is another conversation ...in and of itself.

What do coaches do nowadays?

They go for it on 4th down & fail.

Get zero pts.

Give the ball back to opponent, still down 10.

I could give you 100 examples of this kind of stupidity.

Just think for a second??

Had Dan Quinn gone for it on 4th down in the Red zone even 1 time of the 6 we were in vs the Giants??

Instead of kicking the 6 FG's in the redzone? (The other was outside redzone)

We are probably 0-2 now, instead of 1-1.

Good coaching decisions are so critical.

If you make it to the red zone six times and come away with no touchdowns that is disastrous process. You got lucky and the Giants didn't have a kicker. I get that you're 100 years old but any game where you kick seven FG's is a bad process game.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 2

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

It was an RPO, if Barkley wasn't so wide open Hurts just sits on it.

I’m talking situational football. It’s the waning moments, Atlanta used all their timeouts. The one thing you can’t do is drop the ball and stop the clock, and that’s exactly what they did

IDC if it’s a RPO, and that’s what the option says to do, it’s stupid to run option at this point of the game. I actually hate RPO but that’s another topic entirely. Just run it, control the game, go home with the win. 

Just now, Chiefer said:

I’m talking situational football. It’s the waning moments, Atlanta used all their timeouts. The one thing you can’t do is drop the ball and stop the clock, and that’s exactly what they did

IDC if it’s a RPO, and that’s what the option says to do, it’s stupid to run option at this point of the game. I actually hate RPO but that’s another topic entirely. Just run it, control the game, go home with the win. 

I mean this is the same logic, though, you're not guaranteed the first down running the ball either, just like a kick isn't a guarantee of points. You make the most reasonable decision to win the game. The play worked, the ball was dropped, that happens. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If you make it to the red zone six times and come away with no touchdowns that is disastrous process. You got lucky and the Giants didn't have a kicker. I get that you're 100 years old but any game where you kick seven FG's is a bad process game.

The Commanders did win the game. Get the win (no matter how ugly) and worry about not scoring touchdowns when you prepare for next week.

• Like 1