2024 GDT Steelers 2-0 host the 2-0 Chargers

One 0 Has to Go  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is 3-0 after this game?

• Steelers
    • Chargers

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Apparently Fautanu tweaked something during practice and did not finish. Could be something to watch going forward.

he already had sprained ligament, now something else? Or is it the same injury not healing  due to lack of rest?

22 hours ago, 3rivers said:

remember, we started much better than 3-0 and still had a weak team. Lots to prove, 1 week at a time and this should be a test if Herbert is somewhat healthy .

We had Ben then as well.  I think the Steelers peaked too soon. They beat some good teams and then started trending down.  Ironically the Cowboys win changed/exposed the Steelers that year. Neville Gallimore hit Ben in the legs and Ben was never the same.  He was fortunate not to have torn his ACL and/ or MCL. This team has a much  better defense. I am not ready to say they arrived,  but they are not close to playing their best football.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

The main reason I am “excited” over Fields is the growth we’ve seen from him from his time with the Bears. Playing within the offense, cutting down on negative plays, no horrible sacks or turnovers etc. These are all HUGE developments from him and something he was never able to do consistently in Chicago. 

If he can keep this up as they slowly start to open up the offense, and his signature big plays start to show up more frequently, then I think we might have something special. That will be the true test though. If the negative plays start to become more frequent as they put more on his plate, then it will be time to turn to Russ. If not, I don’t see how anyone could vouch to not keep rolling with him. We will see. 

I’d like to see him put up another 4 TD game….

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Reports are looking like Fau is going to miss extended time, maybe the whole year. He’s getting independent examinations on the knee now. Hopefully Jones straightens up. 

reports I read were an MCL sprain, but didi I miss something?

for him to go for independent examinations isn't encouraging either, but I can't blame him.   It wouldn't be the first time team 'doctors' were wrong . 

49 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

reports I read were an MCL sprain, but didi I miss something?

for him to go for independent examinations isn't encouraging either, but I can't blame him.   It wouldn't be the first time team 'doctors' were wrong . 

He sprained the MCL during Training Camp. He tweaked something his knee yesterday.