Brett Favre reveals he has Parkinson’s

Soko

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

no

Aaron Hernandez is a sad story from childhood onward. He and everyone affected by his bad decisions deserve empathy.

Aaron Hernandez deserves sympathy? WTF? He was a CLEAR sociopath with a complete lack of empathy. Many many stories from people who knew him and locker room stories. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Learn how to read

Ahhh got it.

I also feel like this thread disgusts me. People show their true colors, man. Favre does not deserve this. Sure he did a bad thing with the charity stuff, we all make mistakes in life. The people in this thread saying they don't feel sorry for him because he made a monumental mistake is quite disturbing. I've just stayed out of it, because they are not worth the time. They are shallow, disgusting humans. And I am not a Favre fanboy coming to his rescue, far from it. 

29 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Ahhh got it.

I also feel like this thread disgusts me. People show their true colors, man. Favre does not deserve this. Sure he did a bad thing with the charity stuff, we all make mistakes in life. The people in this thread saying they don't feel sorry for him because he made a monumental mistake is quite disturbing. I've just stayed out of it, because they are not worth the time. They are shallow, disgusting humans. And I am not a Favre fanboy coming to his rescue, far from it. 

Yeah and we atone for those mistakes....Favre has atoned how...? Besides the media "I'm not a bad guy, I'm a victim too" tour. I'm sure he was a victim of his own greed at seeing an easy million and a nice little legacy boost for his daughter. 

You can acknowledge he did some truly awful things (remember this money goes to feed the poor, and all of it got stolen for vanity rich people projects) while remembering Parkinson's is terrible and the context he revealed it was to elicit sympathy so he doesn't get a felony charge or *Insert whatever charge is applicable* 

Muting this thread from now lol this isn't even about Favre anymore.

6 minutes ago, Xmad said:

Yeah and we atone for those mistakes....Favre has atoned how...? Besides the media "I'm not a bad guy, I'm a victim too" tour. I'm sure he was a victim of his own greed at seeing an easy million and a nice little legacy boost for his daughter. 

You can acknowledge he did some truly awful things (remember this money goes to feed the poor, and all of it got stolen for vanity rich people projects) while remembering Parkinson's is terrible and the context he revealed it was to elicit sympathy so he doesn't get a felony charge or *Insert whatever charge is applicable* 

Muting this thread from now lol this isn't even about Favre anymore.

This is not about that. This is a human being that has damn parkinson’s. He didn’t murder anyone, he didn’t rape anyone. A fellow human being absolutely deserves sympathy for parkinson’s. But good luck in life with your lack of empathy and enhanced judgment, while pretending neither are true. I don’t wish such a disease on you or anyone in your family, even if they are a repeated criminal, 

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

This is not about that. This is a human being that has damn parkinson’s. He didn’t murder anyone, he didn’t rape anyone. A fellow human being absolutely deserves sympathy for parkinson’s. But good luck in life with your lack of empathy and enhanced judgment, while pretending neither are true. I don’t wish such a disease on you or anyone in your family, even if they are a repeated criminal, 

3 minutes ago, Xmad said:

?

When I said it’s not about that, I am saying it’s not about his criminal/civil case. This is about a man that has a severe disease. But of course people show what kind of person they are in here, claiming he doesn’t deserve sympathy. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

35 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

?

When I said it’s not about that, I am saying it’s not about his criminal/civil case. This is about a man that has a severe disease. But of course people show what kind of person they are in here, claiming he doesn’t deserve sympathy. 

Hope that was worth it 😐

So can football cause or exacerbate Parkinsons?

https://www.mayo.edu/research/labs/neurobiology-parkinsons-disease/projects/traumatic-brain-injury-parkinsonism

From a small bit of reading it seems that traumatic brain injury could potentially be a cause, but the link is theoretical and not well understood. I've also read that extreme stress speeds up neural degeneration. Football related?

Edited by nagahide13

10 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

This sort of attitude is why white collar criminals rarely face consequences. And for the record, there are a select few individuals that do deserve the pain and suffering of Parkinsons. Do I think Favre is one of them? Not really. Should I feel bad that Hitler, a fellow human being that never raped or killed anyone (directly) probably had Parkinson's?

Edited by redsoxsuck05

This isn't surprising.  There were many instances when he had no business going back out after some of those vicious hits.  If he were playing today there is no way he would have the iron man record he now holds and why nobody will touch it in the future.