Week 4 GDT - Denver at New York Jets

AnAngryAmerican

23 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I don’t think there’s a developmental LT on the roster. The lack of draft picks and lack of draft investment at the position hurts. 

Well, Palczewski played some LT at Illinois, but heard McGlinchey is likely to move to LT if Bolles moves on with Palchi moving into the RT spot. And they seem to like Crum in a developmental capacity

Edited by Cutler06

On 10/2/2024 at 12:47 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

It's so sad. But from what I gather, people are happy to use those gaps for refreshment / toilet / conversation breaks. I myself find that mental, and would much prefer the game takes 2 hours rather than 3 hours 15 minutes, but to each their own.

An NFL game in the 60's was right at 2.5 hours.

On 10/3/2024 at 4:35 AM, broncos67 said:

Yes and no. I think what this really means is we let Bolles walk, slide McGlinchey to LT and keep Palczewski at RT. At some point tough decisions need to be made, and I think that's a clear cut one given the cap situation and money already invested in the OL.

It's an issue, but moving McGlinchey to the left wouldn't work well.

16 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

Not an OL guy so here is a question for somebody with a little more knowledge. What is it about LT that we think takes a better skill/different skill set than right tackle. What specific things don’t really transfer well from playing right tackle to switching to left tackle? 

The obvious, a QB's blind side, has been the basis of LT. A QB can't see that side therefore you can't allow pressure from there so historically thats where the best pass rusher is (think Art Shell/Rich Jackson) An LT's your "dancing bear with an attitude". He has to stonewall, 4-3 DE's, 3-4 DE's, 3-4 OLB's and a CB blitz.

It's not that skills don't transfer from the right side, they just have to be faster, quicker, and just as strong. An LT's usually on an island ,while your RT is covered with a TE a lot. 

In the modern NFL you really need two guys with LT skills. We don't have that. I'm a draft and develop guy, especially on the OL and we need to get better there. We haven't drafted an  OT since Risner and we had to move him to OG. 

You realize they write books about this I'm sure but the above is the extremely limited 2 cents version answer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

These guys are all right tackles.

Honestly I haven't seen either Crum or Palczewski take a snap. Just an assumption but I figure if they had LT traits they wouldn't have gone undrafted. 100% agree with McGlinchey. After the draft everybody realized when he wasn't lined up next to Quenton Nelson his production dropped a lot.