BDL 2024 Week 4: Hungary Hippos @ Las Vegas Bangers

RedGold

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Las Vegas Bangers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2024 at 04:01 AM

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Your gameplan calls out the performances of the opponents' players, is it not fair to use the same logic and criteria when your players do the same?

That's a logical fallacy. I don't put data into mine that is not logical and factual. Saying that Ridley and Hopkins didn't produce this week IRL means they won't produce with a solid QB in Goff who has a solid offensive line protecting him isn't factual. It isn't logical. You've already seen Ridley and Hopkins have over 100 yard games this season with Levis at QB. Do you think they would not produce if Goff is at QB compared to Rudolph? Goff literally had an 100% completion night last night and nearly 300 yards through the air.  

This is also against 3/4 of a defensive secondary that is Carolina Panthers players that allowed a 71% completion percentage to Joe Burrow this week. I think there may be a little bit more production than what we saw with Mason Rudolph...

4 minutes ago, PR said:

That's a logical fallacy. I don't put data into mine that is not logical and factual. Saying that Ridley and Hopkins didn't produce this week IRL means they won't produce with a solid QB in Goff who has a solid offensive line protecting him isn't factual. It isn't logical. You've already seen Ridley and Hopkins have over 100 yard games this season with Levis at QB. Do you think they would not produce if Goff is at QB compared to Rudolph? Goff literally had an 100% completion night last night and nearly 300 yards through the air.  

This is also against 3/4 of a defensive secondary that is Carolina Panthers players that allowed a 71% completion percentage to Joe Burrow this week. I think there may be a little bit more production than what we saw with Mason Rudolph...

We've seen Ridley do no such thing

49 minutes ago, PR said:

Lot of similarities to certain sections of our lineups this week. Both our QBs absolutely go off. I don't disagree that my corners did not have incredibly toutable days against the Bengals.

Hungary corners are in the same spot. For instance, Josh Downs went head to head with Carlton Davis in the game-plan this week and Downs had a great day. 8 catches on only 9 targets for over 80 yds and a TD. Where he goes toe to toe with a CB in Davis who gave up over 80 yds and was penalized 4 times. 

54 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

The thing that bothered me was ragging on Kneeland’s snap percentage when he is behind Micah and Lawrence. But look at Akers…

My original statement:

"Ojulari, Kneeland, Braswell and Isaac are all backups that have smaller snap counts or haven't played at all. "

Is any of that untrue?

IR responded:

Why prioritize game plan on this? Ojulari, Braswell Isaac are developmental roster depth never being featured in game plans before. Kneeland has over 100 snaps at DE. 

I then point out that again that he has in fact been a backup all season which the others also are. 

IR then responds that he the others don't get close to the snaps he does which means they are in different situations. He says the others are irrelevant (despite the fact two others are his main depth on his dline for the game)

I then respond that no... he has the near same snap percentage as Oju and Braswell thus they are all backups with the same amount of playing time. I also point out that snap percentage is also a tendency to show endurance for a player for a game. For example when healthy Maxx Crosby doesn't leave the field. He plays 100% of the snaps. Brian Burns doesn't he plays 80%. Kneeland didn't even play all the snaps in college. Both are indicative that the project players will see field time. 

So the point of all of this is... IR is relying on a guy that hasn't been tested endurance wise to last an entire game yet. Production decreases the longer a player plays if their endurance is not high. In college Kneeland also couldn't last an entire game. Burns hasn't lasted an entire game this season for playing time. IR's developmental depth plays a factor in this game whether he writes them in or not that or his edges will be running on fumes. 

10 minutes ago, PR said:

My original statement:

"Ojulari, Kneeland, Braswell and Isaac are all backups that have smaller snap counts or haven't played at all. "

Is any of that untrue?

IR responded:

Why prioritize game plan on this? Ojulari, Braswell Isaac are developmental roster depth never being featured in game plans before. Kneeland has over 100 snaps at DE. 

I then point out that again that he has in fact been a backup all season which the others also are. 

IR then responds that he the others don't get close to the snaps he does which means they are in different situations. He says the others are irrelevant (despite the fact two others are his main depth on his dline for the game)

I then respond that no... he has the near same snap percentage as Oju and Braswell thus they are all backups with the same amount of playing time. I also point out that snap percentage is also a tendency to show endurance for a player for a game. For example when healthy Maxx Crosby doesn't leave the field. He plays 100% of the snaps. Brian Burns doesn't he plays 80%. Kneeland didn't even play all the snaps in college. Both are indicative that the project players will see field time. 

So the point of all of this is... IR is relying on a guy that hasn't been tested endurance wise to last an entire game yet. Production decreases the longer a player plays if their endurance is not high. In college Kneeland also couldn't last an entire game. Burns hasn't lasted an entire game this season for playing time. IR's developmental depth plays a factor in this game whether he writes them in or not that or his edges will be running on fumes. 

Not restarting an argument at all. Just pointing out that 3rd Edge rushers on defenses that see significant snaps aren't the same imo or I think NFL defensive coordinators opinions as "backups". Definitiely the distinction I was pointing out.

43 minutes ago, InjuredReserve said:

Not restarting an argument at all. Just pointing out that 3rd Edge rushers on defenses that see significant snaps aren't the same imo or I think NFL defensive coordinators opinions as "backups". Definitiely the distinction I was pointing out.

Would you prefer I say rotational?

3 hours ago, InjuredReserve said:

Where he goes toe to toe with a CB in Davis who gave up over 80 yds and was penalized 4 times. 

I obviously have some bias here but I thought Davis actually played really well. Metcalf is just a monster to cover right now, especially in press/man where Davis’s skillset is.

• Like 1