Do you have faith Jalen Hurts can be the 2022 QB we saw, or is it over

Do you have faith Jalen Hurts can be the 2022 QB we saw, or is it over  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have faith Jalen Hurts can be the 2022 QB we saw, or is it over

• Yes, he can be salvaged with better coaching
    • No, 2022 was the exception, what we are seeing now is the rule

3 hours ago, aussie_eagle said:

From his press conferences I think he believes he can do no wrong so I doubt he tries to improve his game.

That was your take from his post TB game PC? He literally Said, suggested and admitted the complete opposite?

He took accountability for not only his play but attempted to deflect any and all blame potentially given in another direction? Away from the OL, WR's and Defense.

In the end is he responsible for a strip Sack FBL, sure.

Both Josh and Lamar did several of the same things last last night vs each other but because they are trying to make a play all is forgiven? Why, because we have seen both make miracle chunks/TDplays in the past. Hell Allen had one to Shakir earlier in that game.

News flash everyone, we have seen this with Jalen Hurts as well! It's the downside to a QB who believes they can make anything happen on any given play! It's a curse! Part of the Superman Complex that all 4 have!!!

If Hurts FBL last night was legit a split second later, (like our DL when rushing the passer) it's probably a TD in the End zone to the wide open TE. 

I mean hell watch Mahomes entire 1st 1/2 vs the Chargers and tell me that's not what 2024 Hurts is doing? It's Pat Mahomes though so...., all is forgiven. A big play is bound to come eventually, right?

Edited by Nabbs4u

2022 was certainly the anomaly, that much is clear (Eagles QB curse), but I haven't given up hope that he can't improve from his 2023-present self. We'll find out, because with that contract we are stuck with him at least 2 additional seasons. Draft a QB if the value makes sense in 2025.

We don't have the MVP caliber QB who can carry an offense we thought we might've had, but he can still be an effective QB in this league. You can win with him IF he cuts down the turnovers. He's showing no signs of stopping, sure, but plenty of QBs have "bounced back" from turnover tears.

Here is what we have in Hurts right now, from my perspective:
+ accuracy
+ playmaking, can excel outside of structure
+ north-south & short yardage running
+ escapabiltiy

-- pocket presence
- decision making
- lateral agility

Playing within the structure of the offense is the biggest difference between 2022 Hurts and current Hurts that I see. Prematurely leaving the pocket, not going through progressions, and forcing things have plagued him since last year and it was easy to point the finger at Brian Johnson for these woes but we're seeing the same flaws with Moore. I don't know why it's happening, but you watch him since 2023 and you see a QB that just doesn't seem consistently comfortable despite being in a better situation than all but a few QBs.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

That was your take from his post TB game PC? He literally Said, suggested and admitted the complete opposite?

He took accountability for not only his play but attempted to deflect any and all blame potentially given in another direction? Away from the OL, WR's and Defense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean hell watch Mahomes entire 1st 1/2 vs the Chargers and tell me that's not what 2024 Hurts is doing? It's Pat Mahomes though so...., all is forgiven. A big play is bound to come eventually, right?

First Part - Hurts has said its on him every single Press Conference, Its no different then normal. Actions speak louder then words. 

Second Part - UH DUH!! When you win 3 Super bowl's it Doesn't matter what happens. 

45 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Second Part - UH DUH!! When you win 3 Super bowl's it Doesn't matter what happens. 

Wasn't aware Allen and Lamar made a SB, let alone won one? It's how QB like the 4 I mention approach the game. Always thinking they can make that play becuase they have in the past.

If Hurts won the SB would you then be OK with how he approaches the game? Like Allen and like Lamar?

Hero ball, Superman Complex,  Risk takers whatever term you want to use are vastly different QB'S then your typical game manager. 

His success in 2022 (MVP) makes him believe,  he no longer has to be that game manager he was in 20/21',  even though at times that's exactly what this team needs.

30 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wasn't aware Allen and Lamar made a SB, let alone won one? It's how QB like the 4 I mention approach the game. Always thinking they can make that play becuase they have in the past.

If Hurts won the SB would you then be OK with how he approaches the game? Like Allen and like Lamar?

Hero ball, Superman Complex,  Risk takers whatever term you want to use are vastly different QB'S then your typical game manager. 

His success in 2022 (MVP) makes him believe,  he no longer has to be that game manager he was in 20/21',  even though at times that's exactly what this team needs.

Yes, He would have a longer leash, Thats just a given. 

36 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Yes, He would have a longer leash, Thats just a given. 

Must be nice. 

Hurts.........................Mahomes

68.2% ...... Comp.........68.6%

980 .........Pass Yds........904

6 .............Total TD............6

4...................INT...............5

85.7 ............QBR.............89.7

Edited by Nabbs4u

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Is anyone here saying Pat has been good this year?

It's all he has man haha.  He's going down with the Jalen Hurts ship, however; when Hurts has 3 rings and multiple MVP's he can have the benefit of doubt when he doesn't play well for a month.  That said, this isn't a stretch of bad games for Hurts, this is a multi year trend for Hurts.

I'll repeat myself for the masses. 4 games,  3 of which without AJ Brown does not tell me this is the Same ole' injured Jalen Hurts from 2023!

I don't care about the TO's because several of the best QB's in the NFL according to you all are doing similar things. 

If by week 10-12 (3/4 of the season) has past, there is no signs of improvement,  he looks then like he looks now. Absolutely  nothing has changed even with Kellen "I'm a God" Moore. I will happily jump on your guys  💩 Wagon for Hurts. 

Until then keep up the good fight, continue the hate. I don't have to Fuking agree!

Edited by Nabbs4u

24 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

It's all he has man haha.  He's going down with the Jalen Hurts ship, however; when Hurts has 3 rings and multiple MVP's he can have the benefit of doubt when he doesn't play well for a month.  That said, this isn't a stretch of bad games for Hurts, this is a multi year trend for Hurts.

I'm just gonna join him on the crazy train from now on. Next time Hurts fumbles or throws a pick, I'm blaming it on everyone but Hurts, and I'm gonna pretend his tush push TD's are just as impressive as a 20 yard dime to a receiver that was the 3rd read in his progression.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Nabbs has kinda been ride or die for every QB we have had except Kolb I am pretty sure.

• Like 1

Jalen has been a disaster in many ways

But one thing I can’t shake is why is everyone the goofiest version of themselves on this team

Let’s just say buttoned up head coaches rarely have teams that look like a clown on a unicycle with an oversized beer

jalen has his own sins to atone for and his own flaws that scare me, but I can’t shake the feeling that our coach has just unleashed a vibe that anyone and everyone will succumb to goof