Tank4Drake's MVP Watch Thread

Tank4Drake

Didn't have one last year but this is usually a thread I like to make after Week 4 and update quarterly (Week 8, 13, 18). 

My Top 5 MVP after four games:

1. QB Jayden Daniels

Team Record 3-1

3 Passing TD's, 1 INT's, 5 Rushing TD's, 82% COMP, 8.5 YPA, 897 Passing Yards, 218 Rushing Yards.

#2 in EPA/att  and #2 in success rate.

Highest Completion % through 4 games in NFL History.

2. QB Sam Darnold

Team Record 4-0

11 Passing TD's, 3 INT's, 0 Rushing TD's, 69% COMP, 8.8 YPA, 932 Passing Yards.

3. QB Josh Allen

Team Record 3-1

7 Passing TD's, 0 INT's, 2 Rushing TD's, 75% COMP, 8.8 YPA, 634 Passing Yards, 85 Rushing Yards.

4. QB Baker Mayfield

Team Record 3-1

8 Passing TD's, 2 INT's, 2 Rushing TD's, 71% COMP, 7.5 YPA, 984 Passing Yards.

5. WR Nico Collins

Team Record 3-1

30 REC, 489 yards, 16.9 YPR, 2 TD's. 

On pace for well over 2,000 yards receiving. Best WR on the season so far and it's not even remotely close IMO.

And he's doing this with insane competition with Diggs and Dell.

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

JD is top 5 but 2 is way too generous

he only has 8 total td and he has been rushing but he isn’t Lamar running which is a good thing we don’t want him to run 

MVP is not a bulk stats award, it’s an efficiency award that takes into account Team Win-Loss Record, YPA, Passer Rating. Total TD-INT Ratio is a huge driving factor of the award, along with being on a playoff team. 

8 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

MVP is not a bulk stats award, it’s an efficiency award that takes into account Team Win-Loss Record, YPA, Passer Rating. Total TD-INT Ratio is a huge driving factor of the award, along with being on a playoff team. 

He is the most efficient qb I’ve ever seen 

• Like 1

Bulk stats is never a good thing for MVP. IMO here are the ingredients that decide it every year:

1) Need to finish as a playoff team. Some people think this needs to be a Top 2 seed, but no it doesn’t. Any playoff team will work. 

2) Total TD-INT Ratio. This includes both Passing/Rushing together. 

3) Passer Rating

4) COMP %

5) YPA

Looking at the history of the award, these are the most crucial components. 

A RB or WR that finishes over 2,000 yards with no record-setting QB is also eligible for the award. 

Bulk Stats really don’t matter. 

Right now I feel it’s pretty close between Daniels and Darnold but I give it to Daniels. I feel like there is some stigma because Daniels is a Rookie and people are leaning Darnold because of that stigma. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

Not saying he'll keep it up and the Ravens record is currently holding him back but.......

Derrick Henry is on pace for another 2000 yard season and over 20 rushing TDs. It's a better chance he'd be OPOY than MVP but still a darkhorse, longshot MVP candidate to monitor.

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Not saying he'll keep it up and the Ravens record is currently holding him back but.......

Derrick Henry is on pace for another 2000 yard season and over 20 rushing TDs. It's a better chance he'd be OPOY than MVP but still a darkhorse, longshot MVP candidate to monitor.

No shot he's an MVP candidate with Lamar in the same offense. I'd say either one of them could be a contender for OPOY. 

21 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Bulk stats is never a good thing for MVP. IMO here are the ingredients that decide it every year:

1) Need to finish as a playoff team. Some people think this needs to be a Top 2 seed, but no it doesn’t. Any playoff team will work. 

2) Total TD-INT Ratio. This includes both Passing/Rushing together. 

3) Passer Rating

4) COMP %

5) YPA

Looking at the history of the award, these are the most crucial components. 

A RB or WR that finishes over 2,000 yards with no record-setting QB is also eligible for the award. 

Bulk Stats really don’t matter. 

Right now I feel it’s pretty close between Daniels and Darnold but I give it to Daniels. I feel like there is some stigma because Daniels is a Rookie and people are leaning Darnold because of that stigma. 

Basically every MVP in modern NFL history won 13+ games during the season they won the award.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Basically every MVP in modern NFL history won 13+ games during the season they won the award.

Because those were ironically the most efficient players. If they had won 10 games, they still would have won it. 

AP was the most efficient player in 2012 and his team only had ten wins.