Week 5: VIKINGS (4-0) vs. Jets (2-2)

swede700

Subtracting Gaskin from the mix won’t change much of anything about the offense’s strategy. His largest contribution came on special teams since he had just a single carry for -3 yards this season. The only concern rests in if Jones or Chandler were to succumb to an in-game injury.

https://purpleptsd.com/2024/vikings/top_news/vikings-shuffle-roster-jets/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Feels like a game the Vikings should win 24-7, 24-10. A hobbled Rodgers vs Brian Flores is not a good matchup at all for the Jets offensively. The Jets defense is good but the last 3 QBs they've faced are Jacoby Brissett, Will Levis, and Bo Nix, so it'll be interesting to see if Darnold can make the throws he needs to make Sunday. If I'm the Vikings there would be a lot of Aaron Jones and Ty Chandler in London.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MIZ-Viking2293 said:

Feels like a game the Vikings should win 24-7, 24-10. A hobbled Rodgers vs Brian Flores is not a good matchup at all for the Jets offensively. The Jets defense is good but the last 3 QBs they've faced are Jacoby Brissett, Will Levis, and Bo Nix, so it'll be interesting to see if Darnold can make the throws he needs to make Sunday. If I'm the Vikings there would be a lot of Aaron Jones and Ty Chandler in London.

hey there, @MIZ-Viking2293, welcome aboard!

if you like, we have an INTRO thread at the top of the page for you to tell us the basics about yourself and your Viking fandom. And then every week we convert the week's discussion thread into an active Game Day Thread (GDT) where we discuss the game live as it's occurring.

or have you been lurking here for years and already know all that, you sly one.....

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

hey there, @MIZ-Viking2293, welcome aboard!

if you like, we have an INTRO thread at the top of the page for you to tell us the basics about yourself and your Viking fandom. And then every week we convert the week's discussion thread into an active Game Day Thread (GDT) where we discuss the game live as it's occurring.

or have you been lurking here for years and already know all that, you sly one.....

I had an account on the old site a really long time ago then I eventually lost the password and couldn't get into the account. I was wisconsinviking then. I've lurked a lot since but this season has been too fun to not jump back in. Glad to be back. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MIZ-Viking2293 said:

I had an account on the old site a really long time ago then I eventually lost the password and couldn't get into the account. I was wisconsinviking then. I've lurked a lot since but this season has been too fun to not jump back in. Glad to be back. 

oh, you must have REALLY enjoyed last week's game, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I feel like this game we should see Jones/Chandler early and often. The Jets have struggled to stop the run.

eh... i don't know about that, we'll see...

i think KOC goes with a heavy dose of Darnold'ing it down the field to get points early. i mean, any coach enjoys being up 28-0 and i think he would try to replicate that.

• Like 1

Sam Darnold told London media members following the Vikings Friday practice that it's his first time being in Europe.

Darnold: "First time overseas. I'm very excited to play this weekend. I thought, overall, we had a really good day today on the grass."

"They [Viking players who have played in London] continue to talk about how great of an experience it is, and how in-tune the fans are with the game. Throughout the years and with all the media coverage that American football gets nowadays in Europe, I feel like the fans are continuing to learn the game more and more. For us to be able to come here and have this dialogue, it's really a great experience."

"Then the biggest thing for us going into Sunday is just making sure we're getting our sleep so we're feeling right and kind of getting on this time zone." 

https://www.vikings.com/news/justin-jefferson-sam-darnold-kevin-o-connell-london-jets-week-5-media-day

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Sam Darnold told London media members following the Vikings Friday practice that it's his first time being in Europe.

Darnold: "First time overseas. I'm very excited to play this weekend. I thought, overall, we had a really good day today on the grass."

"They [Viking players who have played in London] continue to talk about how great of an experience it is, and how in-tune the fans are with the game. Throughout the years and with all the media coverage that American football gets nowadays in Europe, I feel like the fans are continuing to learn the game more and more. For us to be able to come here and have this dialogue, it's really a great experience."

"Then the biggest thing for us going into Sunday is just making sure we're getting our sleep so we're feeling right and kind of getting on this time zone." 

https://www.vikings.com/news/justin-jefferson-sam-darnold-kevin-o-connell-london-jets-week-5-media-day

Outside of the time difference, Sam needs to make sure to look the opposite way when crossing the street…

On a related note, I rented a car and drove to Bath, Cardiff, Oxford and a few other spots. First time driving on the wrong side of the road and the wrong side of the car. Found myself on the right side of the road more than once. Only nearly died like twice. 7/10: would do again 😂

• Like 1

Aaron Rodgers is 96 yards shy of becoming the ninth player in NFL history to pass for 60,000 yards. He could enter the elite fraternity Sunday in London, when the New York Jets face the Minnesota Vikings at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

He would join Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan and Dan Marino.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40885459/new-york-jets-aaron-rodgers-10000-yard-milestones-60000-passing-yards