What to do about WR

EMAW_KSU

Rather than take up a bunch of pages on THE 2024 Offense page, I thought we could start a thread.

Who, and why do you think KC could make a move for? Or do you think they just stand pat.

I think Dionte Johnson on the surface makes sense. I think he’s more than a one year option, covers if Rice gets suspended, Hollywood walks after this year.  Also on an NFC team that needs picks to increase talent, and may be more likely to trade with an AFC Power.

Tyler Lockett - maybe a hair slower, still has wiggle and catches literally everything.

Any of GBs young receivers.

D-Hop - there was a reason we didn’t go after him, is that still an issue?

• Like 1

Glad you made this thread. Definitely have to go after a WR or 2 since 2 of our guys are out in Hollywood and Rashee. D-Hop can catch everything still and run routes tho he's not explosive. We didn't sign him in the offseason 2 years ago cause of the money we were willing to pay and Veach thought all the young guys will improve. I like Dionte Johnson as he's another good route runner; and as you said more than a one year option. 

I would say this; while I would want someone relatively young, a vet is the route to go as they're more likely to get acclimated quickly. 

42 minutes ago, Bullyball said:

Definitely have to go after a WR or 2 since 2 of our guys are out in Hollywood and Rashee.

I think 2 is asking a lot, but I think we need 3. Skyy just can’t do it. Came in with a shot, and promptly shat the bed. I’m to the point of letting Nikko take his snaps and dealing with a couple wrong routes.

Just now, EMAW_KSU said:

I think 2 is asking a lot, but I think we need 3. Skyy just can’t do it. Came in with a shot, and promptly shat the bed. I’m to the point of letting Nikko take his snaps and dealing with a couple wrong routes.

I've been done with Skyy. I rather Justyn Ross line up wrong than Skyy knowing the offense. Justyn can atleast win jump balls and fades. Skyy does nothing well

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

This has gotta be a bad thing right? Like I’ve watched it on replay and it looks absolutely brutal the way his legs rocks back and his knee buckles. 

Just to play the advocate Jordan Loves looked horrible too but wound up a sprain.

Lol probably coping on my part but the lack of announcement makes me wonder what is going on 🤔 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I see the Browns restructured his contract to make him more "trade friendly" but I doubt the Browns would trade him (within reason) to us. 🫤

They're currently tanking and there's zero chance that he resigns with them this summer, if they were in the playoff mix they probably wouldn't trade him to you but I think it's definitely a possibility now. Not sure there will be a huge trade market for him on an expiring deal. 

• Like 1

I still lean that we probably don't do anything. I feel like historically it hasn't been our style. We like to go after reclamation projects midseason, but that's about it. Don't feel like we've ever made a splash midseason, despite literally always being rumored to. I'd love to go out and get Cooper or Hopkins or Allen, I just don't think it seems like the kind of thing we do.

• Like 1