Monday Night Football: New Orleans Saints (2-2) @ Kansas City Chiefs (4-0)

Monday Night Football: New Orleans Saints (2-2) @ Kansas City Chiefs (4-0)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Tonight's winner

• Saints
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2024 at 12:30 AM

39 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

So fans of other teams are biased...but you and other Chiefs fans are magically immune to bias. Gotcha. 

No, I'm biased as well. I've posted about this at length before. My bias is why I remember the MVS DPI last year and the Toney offsides and the touchdown called back by holding against Baltimore in the playoffs and the touchdown called back by holding against New Orleans and the holding call on Atlanta they picked up on Kyle Pitts's 50 yard catch and the hands to the face last night against Karlaftis that they didn't call and the dozens of holdings against Chris Jones and I could go on.

I've said this all before, in the multiple threads where everyone complains about the refs mysteriously rigging things in our favor. I'm biased as a Chiefs fan, 100%. That leads me to see and remember the times we get slighted by ref error. The vast majority of the rest of you are biased as fans rooting against the Chiefs in the majority of these games. That's why y'all see and remember the times anyone who plays against us gets slighted by the refs. We're all biased. I'm just willing to admit it, and temper my posts in these threads accordingly. The Chiefs + refs crowd is the loud majority, so they feel no need to and post the worst of their takes proudly because of it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

Can someone explain to me why the Olave play was an illegal shift? I didn't see more than 2 guys moving on that play.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, he never got set. He kind of just kept bouncing forward a little bit up until the snap.

18 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

No, I'm biased as well. I've posted about this at length before. My bias is why I remember the MVS DPI last year and the Toney offsides and the touchdown called back by holding against Baltimore in the playoffs and the touchdown called back by holding against New Orleans and the holding call on Atlanta they picked up on Kyle Pitts's 50 yard catch and the hands to the face last night against Karlaftis that they didn't call and the dozens of holdings against Chris Jones and I could go on.

I've said this all before, in the multiple threads where everyone complains about the refs mysteriously rigging things in our favor. I'm biased as a Chiefs fan, 100%. That leads me to see and remember the times we get slighted by ref error. The vast majority of the rest of you are biased as fans rooting against the Chiefs in the majority of these games. That's why y'all see and remember the times anyone who plays against us gets slighted by the refs. We're all biased. I'm just willing to admit it, and temper my posts in these threads accordingly. The Chiefs + refs crowd is the loud majority, so they feel no need to and post the worst of their takes proudly because of it.

The league does it to themselves. Cook with a clear DPI at midfield, which should draw multiple flags, draws none. 

Overturns a sideline call with no definitive video proof because it looked like a 1st down but stays with other onfield calls like in Seattle where it also looked like a TD but there is no definitive video proof to overturn the fumble ruling.

Almost all games are called tight and loose simultaneously. The NFL stays fluid to pick any lane it wants at any time it chooses.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, he never got set. He kind of just kept bouncing forward a little bit up until the snap.

it is but can't he be in motion prior to the snap without being set? unless I don't fully understand the rule.

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

it is but can't he be in motion prior to the snap without being set? unless I don't fully understand the rule.

So there's some semantics to it in terms of what is legally defined as motion versus what is legally defined as a shift. Motion is when one player, and one player at a time only, moves before the snap. That can only be an eligible player (so no OL) and they must be the only one moving through the entirety of the motion. A shift is when multiple players move at once. Audibles, full formation changes, and even just going from the huddle to the line count as a shift. A player in motion can continue to move up until the snap as long as they aren't moving towards the line of scrimmage. After a shift, however, all players must be fully set for 1 second before the ball is snapped. You can do a shift and then a motion, or multiple shifts, but after the last shift, all players must be set for at least 1 second.

The broadcast didn't give the best view of this because it is showing the crowd and sideline, and doesn't cut to the field until there's like 8 seconds left on the play clock. But when it does cut to the field, both Shaheed and Olave are moving and in the process of getting set. Since at least those two players were moving (I'm pretty sure the whole offense was getting set for the first time, but we don't see), this counts as a shift, and they need to get set for a full second before the snap. Olave did not do that.

• Like 2

963yz3.jpg

Here’s a guy who’s more likely to get flagged for falling on the QB the wrong way then getting calls his way even though he’s getting held all night. 

Doesn’t count though, ball don’t lie amirite?

• Like 2