Week 6: Washington @ Ravens

wackywabbit

20 hours ago, berlin calling said:

its not that Monken doesnt have his moments though you wonder why he doesnt stick with what is working. Where was Henry in that RZ drive end of 1st half when they settled for a FG? Enfuriating.

Was saying the same thing at that time. Was like that drive was for Lamar’s QB numbers. Felt like they wanted to offset that INT in his passing numbers… but I could be wrong. Though I suppose they have to get Hill in there at some point. Don’t want to overuse Henry early in the season and not having him fresh for the stretch run later.

Lamar, Henry, Zay, and at least one of Likely or Andrews… as long as that offensive weapons core stays healthy we’ll stay in good shape.

21 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Good game guys. What do you think of Jayden Daniels? 

Feel like he compares to Kirk Cousins and/or Drew Brees as a passer. Very accurate thrower of the football. Very quick decision maker as well. As a runner, he reminds me of Colin Kaepernick, he’s got sufficient body control and understanding of defenders around him, knows when to get out of bounds, greater scrambler of the football. Better scrambler than runner, faster than elusive as a threat.

I’d say he and Lamar play nothing alike though. I’ve always compared Lamar to be more like Derek Carr meets Gale Sayers. He’s more volatile, less consistent, but when he’s at his best, he’s a forced to be reckoned with.

As it stands I felt yesterday was a good representation of what both of these guys can do. Jayden was forced to do a little more, but it didn’t hurt his efficiency very much at all. I think he’s already a top 10 QB in the NFL and I think by years end, I could see him being arguably top 5; even with a small sample size.

Tier S
Patrick Mahomes

Tier A+
Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow

Tier A
CJ Stroud, Jayden Daniels, Brock Purdy

Tier B
Kirk Cousins, Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff, Jordan Love

Tier B-
Sam Darnold, Jalen Hurts

17 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Am I crazy or does that feel like the first time in a few years the team has visibly stood up for Lamar? Like, I recall seeing that multiple times whenever something happened to Flacco, i.e. the team rallying to their quarterback. However it feels like in recent memory whenever Lamar has taken some unnecessary shots, you see most of the team shrug it off and move on. Glad to see that for once. Definitely makes you think a little differently (in a good way) about the chemistry of this team.

• Like 1