The good, the bad, the ugly vs Steelers

NYRaider

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What did our offense do in those games was it a shootout?

offensive production 

Vs chargers =10

vs Carolina = 7

vs den = 10

vs pitt = 7

do you realize how lock down the defense has to be to keep us in games

Why can't they tackle or generate turnovers?

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The biggest difference to me is that they've been competitive in their losses and we haven't. They had the ball with a chance to beat the Packers, Lions, and Bears late in the game. We've gotten completely blown out of the water by the Steelers, Panthers, and Broncos. I understand that the injuries aren't ideal but AP's main selling point was that he is a motivator that will get the team ready to play and compete week in / week out. 

I couldn't agree more with this. Losing competitively would be one thing. We aren't. It's kinda sad that's the bar but honestly with the injuries and lack of QB ability that is the standard. And even sadder, we are missing that standard badly.

Yes, the officiating was abysmal and costly. But we just play so flat, and AP deserves some blame even with our JV squad out there. Panthers haven't won since they trounced us (not even close). Broncos got trounced yesterday. The Steelers will end up a .500 team. That's who those teams are. Getting blown out by bad teams is a one way ticket to unemployment.

1 minute ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I couldn't agree more with this. Losing competitively would be one thing. We aren't. It's kinda sad that's the bar but honestly with the injuries and lack of QB ability that is the standard. And even sadder, we are missing that standard badly.

Yes, the officiating was abysmal and costly. But we just play so flat, and AP deserves some blame even with our JV squad out there. Panthers haven't won since they trounced us (not even close). Broncos got trounced yesterday. The Steelers will end up a .500 team. That's who those teams are. Getting blown out by bad teams is a one way ticket to unemployment.

And another thing is that when the Rams are healthy it's easy to see a clear path for them to win games and potentially turn their season around. Even if we're at full strength this team isn't very good. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yup. Can't fault much of what Telesco has done thus far honestly. Best draft since 2014 easily. 

I think he absolutely has earned his shot to draft the next QB for this team IMHO. However, whether AP does remains to be seen. I understand that the QB situation and injuries are not ideal. That being said, I want to see how he responds the next few weeks, especially with Adams and Meyers coming back. That will tell me a lot about his future with this team.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think he absolutely has earned his shot to draft the next QB for this team IMHO. However, whether AP does remains to be seen. I understand that the QB situation and injuries are not ideal. That being said, I want to see how he responds the next few weeks, especially with Adams and Meyers coming back. That will tell me a lot about his future with this team.

Based on what though? We have over a decade to look at with Telesco and none of it is great. 

Looking at how they responded this week I think this thing might get ugly. Also zero chance that Adams ever suits up here again, IMO.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Based on what though? We have over a decade to look at with Telesco and none of it is great. 

Looking at how they responded this week I think this thing might get ugly. Also zero chance that Adams ever suits up here again, IMO.

He had an excellent first draft for us thus far and not all of his guys have even played yet. He drafted Herbert a few years back as well. Plenty to go off to suggest that he can do it. That being said, to your point I have 0 faith in him to pick the right head coach. The awful coaching of the Chargers has led to their downfall year after year.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He had an excellent first draft for us thus far and not all of his guys have even played yet. He drafted Herbert a few years back as well. Plenty to go off to suggest that he can do it. That being said, to your point I have 0 faith in him to pick the right head coach. The awful coaching of the Chargers has led to their downfall year after year.

I don’t get the Tom hate

• Like 4

Bowers has obviously been great and JPJ/Glaze are playing but there also one of the main reasons that our offense is absolutely terrible. After that we've gotten literally zero contribution from the other 5 rookies he drafted. 

He draft 2 starters on OL, and a star player in the first. What more do people want?

.?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don’t get the Tom hate

He had 11 years with the Chargers and during his entire stint there he had a top 10 franchise QB with Rivers or Herbert. Despite having a top tier QB to build around they only made the playoffs three times with two playoff victories. Despite top tier QB play his teams never even got close to sniffing contention and he drafted notoriously poorly in the mid to late rounds.