How The Lions Respond To The Loss of Aidan Hutchnson

Just Want A Title

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Side note, just saw PFF said that Hutch was the first person with 45 pressures and a 90 grade each week since they have been tracking their ratings in 2006.  His pressures were 10 more than second place this year.  His 38.3% pass rush win rate was 11% better than 2nd place. He was the highest rated defender in the league at a 94.9 and second highest player in the league.  Hutch was on a crazy pace and having an insanely good start to the season.  Unfortunate to go down when doing that.  

I think Terrell Williams was really starting to unlock the best of Aidan Hutchinson.  That was a great move to bring him in.  On a related note, Jacksonville just traded Roy Roberts Harris to the Seahawks so they are clearly open for business with respect to trades.

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

wasn't a compound fracture. those take even longer to heal.

That I do not know. It's bad enough that he's out the rest of the year from the reports I read. 

Really rooting for this kid to come back strong. I hate seeing things like this. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Dan Campbell: “It’s 4-6 months, but I would never count Hutch out. Ever. Long road, but I would never count him out. If anyone can make it back, it’s him.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dan-campbell-aidan-hutchinson-out-4-6-months-but-i-would-never-count-him-out

A broken bone(s) are not something you rush back from. 4 monts, the Super Bowl is over. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I think he also just snapped the bones and didn't damage the ankle or knee as well. Also no nerve or tendon damage, but obviously I don't know.

That is definitely the hope. Obviously, we cannot tell those things from watching on TV. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

Two little points from Campbell's comments today:

"Mac and Levi and (DJ) Reader and Paschal and that group... Ukwu, we’ve got Muhammad on practice squad, (Mitchell) Agude, Houston’s still here." Ouch.

"If we get somebody, great. If we don't, these are our guys and the coaches know that." They are going to make a move. It might be a Holmes typical Tim Patrick-style move for someone we wouldn't think of at a lower cost, though

20 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Two little points from Campbell's comments today:

"Mac and Levi and (DJ) Reader and Paschal and that group... Ukwu, we’ve got Muhammad on practice squad, (Mitchell) Agude, Houston’s still here." Ouch.

"If we get somebody, great. If we don't, these are our guys and the coaches know that." They are going to make a move. It might be a Holmes typical Tim Patrick-style move for someone we wouldn't think of at a lower cost, though

Not thrilled about comments. Vegas would eat salary for draft capital. They were looking at it for Adams trade. Draft capital is what Detroit needs to move in order to fix this. Internal not enough 

14 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Not thrilled about comments. Vegas would eat salary for draft capital. They were looking at it for Adams trade. Draft capital is what Detroit needs to move in order to fix this. Internal not enough 

Doesn't the fact that Adams didn't get traded show they weren't looking to eat salary for draft capital?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I'm not sure where you're going with this but I trust Holmes won't do anything stupid or desperate.

It'll probably be someone we'll say, who the hell is that? And they'll give up like a fifth round pick.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I'm not sure where you're going with this but I trust Holmes won't do anything stupid or desperate.

It'll probably be someone we'll say, who the hell is that? And they'll give up like a fifth round pick.

And frankly that will not work. You can't replace Hutch with junk. Windows in this league too small for playing it safe in these situations