Week 7 GDT Denver at New Orleans Saints

Dbrog24

If Bo hits two easy throws tonight we are all singing his praises and talking about what a great game he played. 

He 100% needs to make those throws but more importantly he needs to address the root problem of getting happy feet/thinking he needs to bail from the pocket. I think this is something you can teach and Bo hasn’t shown me any thing to make me think he can’t learn. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MontanaBronco said:

If Bo hits two easy throws tonight we are all singing his praises and talking about what a great game he played. 

He 100% needs to make those throws but more importantly he needs to address the root problem of getting happy feet/thinking he needs to bail from the pocket. I think this is something you can teach and Bo hasn’t shown me any thing to make me think he can’t learn. 

My Krull +900 TD prop agrees wholeheartedly with you. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I think a lot of us were intrigued by Spencer Rattler’s talent in spring, but that attitude is a non-starter. You can’t come off the field looking that pissy and aloof every time your OL gets beat. He’s got major ‘I’m not the problem’ energy and your talent level can never overcome that. 

Yaaaaaa that officially puts to rest any buyers remorse I've ever expressed about going for Spencer over Bo

2 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

Gotta make those throws l. Bo having happy feet for no reason

2 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

Brutal start...we had a wide open TD, then about at 20 yarder, then a first down...missed em all bad

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

It just doesn’t get easier than the three consecutive passes Nix missed on the first drive.

It's still early, but this is one area Nix really has to improve on.   Tonight, the Saints rarely got pressure on Nix, but he really got happy feet, and he missed at least 4, if not 5 easy throws.   The OL held up very well. 

It's literally the only blemish in a great night (well the Estime fumble isn't great) - let's also recognize the Saints are a JV team right now, much like our D vs. MIA was last year.   Still, you can only beat who's in front of you.  But just like last week wasn't the time to get too low, now's not the time to get too high.

@BroncoBruin hit the nail on the head though - we are outside of QB and skill positions, the most talented team assembled since we sniffed playoffs.   That's encouraging.  While our WR's didn't do much (Franklin played better, but those were straightforward plays).  Payton did a heckuva job with play design and play calling tonight.

One legit showing - Lucas Krull.   He's not an elite-ceiling guy, but he showed real juice that was hinted at earlier.   Like, 100x more than Dulcich or Trautman.  Hopefully, this is the game that convinces Payton & coaches to keep him on the field for all the important plays.

On the D side, yes it was an unfair matchup, but they did what they supposed to.   Hats off.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1