5 Up and 5 Down Week 7 vs Jets

JustPlainNasty

24 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

ackle or trades? Or will Khan let the draft pick play out his contract like colbert would have?

this isn't Meyers fault then IMO, it's all on jones. Moore has improved, jones has regressed. How much is this because of the injured elbow though?

I dont give Mayers a pass. It still takes this Oline too long to get in sync with assignments and technique every year.  I do give credit to whoever pounded the table for McCormick, I think he must've just screamed nasty olineman / Steeler so probably Andy Weidl . 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I dont give Mayers a pass. It still takes this Oline too long to get in sync with assignments and technique every year.  I do give credit to whoever pounded the table for McCormick, I think he must've just screamed nasty olineman / Steeler so probably Andy Weidl . 

McCormick’s play makes me incredibly comfortable with letting Daniels walk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I didnt do a deep dive before i made my post. I did go back a little and watch the first series and focus on him. I have some notes, id like to take a look at the rest if i get a chance. Ive seen worse from him is I guess what i was suggesting but there was noticeable concerns.

Watch the Russ goal line sneak.  Jones is 3 yards in the backfield on his butt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Mike Williams would absolutely be an upgrade over Van Jefferson and is worth tossing a 7th round pick or late pick swap to the Jets for. Not to mention he’s a really good fit for Russ. I was a bit on the fence about acquiring him but after Russ’s promising debut I think it’s a no brainer. 

His tape on the Jets so far has not been great, but he was slowly ramped up and was barely running any routes the first 3 games of the season and you have to imagine there’s some room for improvement coming off the ACL.

As I said before, I don’t think he’s really a big needle moving acquisition. But for the cost and the fit with Russ I do think it’s a move I would make.

The leaping and contested catch ability is still there

looks like I posted this in the wrong thread 

Oh No What GIF by Tennis TV

• Like 2

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

Sadly I think he's trending that way. And I wouldn't blame the 'wrong side' thing either. These are things you either do or don't do regardless of which side you are on. This is why I'm more of a 'draft a technically sound' kinda guy. You can do so much to 'cover' for a lack of athleticism (chippers, inside help, getting them really good at getting out of their stance) but when a guy doesn't have the technique, it's a real uphill battle.

Of course, I also blame the NFL partially as this is an issue all over the NFL because of the lack of padded work and offseason work with teams. They get so much less time, especially as linemen, to work in the contact issues to improve. And you need contact at their spots. I would send him to Duke Manyweather for some work, I would be getting as many people on the phone as possible to work with him.

I would never 'wish' for an injury, but it would be nice to see 4-6 weeks of Jones on the Left side, during actual games, but the only way that is going to happen is if Moore sustains some type of injury, which, of course, I do not advocate.  I think Tomlin should really consider sitting Moore for at least 2-3 weeks, to see if Jones is as Physically gifted, and talented on the Left Side, as he was projected coming out, before we sign Moore as our LT to an extension this off-season.