Raiders sign QB Desmond Ridder

RaidersAreOne

Russell Wilson? Lmao. Did anyone actually watch the game last night? His box score looks good because he was full of circus catches from Pickens, and then there were several Minshew-esque misses. Wilson better than Minshew? Ok, so then we'd end up what 6-11 instead of 4-13? Miss out on a QB and still be crap? That's your solution we should have went with?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Well expect the opposite when he doesn’t lol 

Sure. I'll have some bad games but he's getting paid the veteran minimum. We got Gardner Minshew for 13 Russell Wilson's LOL. So every bad game he does have you have to ask yourself "Would Minshew have done better?"

Edited by Jeremy408

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Sure. I'll have some bad games but he's getting paid the veteran minimum. We got Gardner Minshew for 13 Russell Wilson's LOL

lol you equate the two but I wasn’t happy with Minshew either and not the contract. I am saying I don’t like Wilson. Not even if we are paying him in bubblegum lol 

Just now, FloydFan said:

lol you equate the two but I wasn’t happy with Minshew either and not the contract. I am saying I don’t like Wilson. Not even if we are paying him in bubblegum lol 

I figured that. Doesn't change the fact that he was a better & cheaper option. My thing is I leave emotion out of it. A player isn't sorry because you don't like them lol.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I figured that. Doesn't change the fact that he was a better & cheaper option. My thing is I leave emotion out of it. A player isn't sorry because you don't like them lol.

I don’t like known locker room distractions. SIYD lol 

31 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

It’s been one game dawg. Maybe he’s great but taking a victory lap after one game is beyond ridiculous. 

Wilson was solid last year not what he was in his prime but surrounded by a good team could still be serviceable. Pittsburgh might be a good situation for him. 

However, he would look bad in the offense we fielded yesterday. I’ve never seen so free rushers come back at the QB. Wilson would of been destroyed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Wilson was solid last year not what he was in his prime but surrounded by a good team could still be serviceable. Pittsburgh might be a good situation for him. 

However, he would look bad in the offense we fielded yesterday. I’ve never seen so free rushers come back at the QB. Wilson would of been destroyed 

I disagree Wilson was solid last year and he was definitely a problem in the locker room but I definitely agree he would look awful in this offense. I’m terrified they let Getsy try and bring up a highly drafted QB. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I wanna see more from Wilson before I make any apologies for not wanting him. 

Drama queen and his one game was against a hapless Jets team. 

I couldn’t agree more. I’m in the exact same boat. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Ridder is very athletic . Perhaps we see some Fields type runs

I'm not mad at all about Ridder. 

He's cheap, experienced, and hasn't exactly played for the best teams. 

I'm not necessarily optimistic about him "turning a corner" here, but we could do a hell of a lot worse in a backup for the season. He's never going to stop us from drafting a QB, but he's young and raw enough to hang onto through next preseason to see if there's anything worth working with. 

Higher upside than Minshew at this point, and arguably more upside than AOC as an athlete. Dude got thrown to the wolves as a rookie and cast aside quick, then played backup for a lackluster Cardinals team more or less punting on last year. If someone is willing to hang onto him more than a season- as was expected necessary when he came out- they could wind up with a pretty decent long term backup QB. 

• Like 3