Gameday Thread Week 17 - The Battle for .500

MKnight82

13 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Usually I’m for the players but for him I agree we waited and stuck by him this is crazy because he just got right the last few weeks. It’s okay because I think Preston takes that step next year

He’s a free agent, he doesn’t own the team anything. He wants more playing time - which he may or may not get on another team - that’s his right to want that and he’s certainly not going to get that playing behind Kerrigan and Smith.

I really hope we re-sign Murphy and I hope that Anderson develops a bit more as a pass rusher; he’s already got the run D down. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’s a free agent, he doesn’t own the team anything. He wants more playing time - which he may or may not get on another team - that’s his right to want that and he’s certainly not going to get that playing behind Kerrigan and Smith.

I really hope we re-sign Murphy and I hope that Anderson develops a bit more as a pass rusher; he’s already got the run D down. 

Why would we re-sign Murphy? He's a slow pass rusher who did nothing until he took PEDs. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Why would we re-sign Murphy? He's a slow pass rusher who did nothing until he took PEDs. 

Because he’ll be cheap. I wouldn’t give him anything guaranteed but a vet min prove it deal is certainly worth it. It’s a zero risk and possible high reward signing like Galette was. If Murphy doesn’t prove he’s the guy he was in 2017 then don’t keep him. To me though, even if he regresses back to the guy he was as a rookie and 2nd year guy that’s fine if he’s our 4th OLB behind Kerrigan, Smith and Anderson.

Archived