Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

McCoy and McDonald at DT with Tui'okolovatu and Allen at NT is what I guess we'll do.

That's fine if that is how we want to role into the draft, but we better look to add some help at DT then...

The group above is pretty underwhelming IMO as a whole...

The fact Bucs are content with McDonald as the #2DT speaks volumes. Not saying he sucks or anything but we could use an upgrade. Baker did not pan out but I hope that doesn’t mean we sway from getting better inside. Not a fan of none these names so far. 

17 minutes ago, indifference said:

The fact Bucs are content with McDonald as the #2DT speaks volumes. Not saying he sucks or anything but we could use an upgrade. Baker did not pan out but I hope that doesn’t mean we sway from getting better inside. Not a fan of none these names so far. 

McDonald was second on the team in sacks as a rotational player. He could be a starter somewhere.

And him coming back is only a guess on my part.

55 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

How good is Jensen? I’m sure not worth the number we or someone else will pay but any idea? 

Also, signing Jensen doesn’t rule out Nelson imo. Put Nelson at the other G spot and have a sick interior line.

He's pretty average, by all accounts. I hope we sign him for much closer to Sweezy money than Norwell money.

But I can't complain about Marpet back at guard.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

McDonald was second on the team in sacks as a rotational player. He could be a starter somewhere.

And him coming back is only a guess on my part.

That's not saying much, as our D-line group as a whole was one of, if not the worst in the league...

We clearly need to do some work there...

30 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

That's fine if that is how we want to role into the draft, but we better look to add some help at DT then...

The group above is pretty underwhelming IMO as a whole...

I still think guys like Shepherd and Settle are gonna be heavily considered in the third.

3 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

That's not saying much, as our D-line group as a whole was one of, if not the worst in the league...

We clearly need to do some work there...

I'm just saying that in our defensive line of suckitude, McDonald was able to make some plays. I'd love to keep him around as a rotation guy while Stevie T and whoever we draft develop.

21 minutes ago, indifference said:

I think with all the sub packages being employed having 2 DT pass rushing options on the field isnt the norm.  On nickel and dime packages, most teams are putting 3 DEs in the game to rush the passer.  Even in a 4-3 , the NT is a 2 down player.  Im all for identifying an heir apparent to GMC.  

If by some miracle Chubb is at 7 because of a QB frenzy, turn in the card and go get a DT in the 2nd round and push RB till the 3rd round or later.  I wouldnt be bothered if they didnt bring back Mc Donald and use Gholston as the utility dline sub.  He would be an expensive backup, it buys them a year and hopefully Buckner can get something out  of him.

Archived