Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

41 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

As long as Smitty is our defensive coordinator, I don't think we'll see that.

I dont see that.  Most 4-3 teams have 1 DT stay on the field over 50 % of the plays.  Unless they are going strictly 3-4 this year, I expect 3 technique to be pretty high up the priority list since the last day 1 or 2 pick used on was Brian Price.  They drafted Stroud and Henderson in the 1st round in  Jacksonville.  They drafted Jerry in the 1st round and Hageman in the 2nd round in Atlanta.  Licht needs to step up to the plate and get one.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I dont see that.  Most 4-3 teams have 1 DT stay on the field over 50 % of the plays.  Unless they are going strictly 3-4 this year, I expect 3 technique to be pretty high up the priority list since the last day 1 or 2 pick used on was Brian Price.  They drafted Stroud and Henderson in the 1st round in  Jacksonville.  They drafted Jerry in the 1st round and Hageman in the 2nd round in Atlanta.  Licht needs to step up to the plate and get one.

Oh, no. I'm sure we'll continue bringing in DTs until we find some we like. But we probably won't be looking for "smaller," quicker guys like McCoy. Stroud was 6'6" 310lbs and Henderson was 6'7" 335lbs. Smitty likes 'em big.

16 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Really surprised no news on Jensen that Norwell is signed.  I think Pamphile is gone, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets north of 5 million and I would pass.

I have a feeling Gaines and Jensen will be Bucs which is why we haven’t heard to much about them.

even saw someone write Jensen on twitter telling him we want him in Tampa and his dad “liked” it

Saw someone post a comment on twitter saying Licht strikes them as the kind of person who is short sighted in free agency. Meaning last year was a wreck for character signings so this year we don’t really spend on big names cuz we are concerned about character. Idk if that’s why but I get the point. I’d honestly rather sign our guys and supplement without the huge $12M per contracts, so if you miss on a Chris Baker it’s no big deal.

Archived