Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

14 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

If he leaves he's not signing.

Like Trevor said, we don't wanna outbid ourselves. Jensen could just wanna see if there's more money in Indy. I'm sure we'll get a chance to match/outbid Indy if Jensen liked it here.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Like Trevor said, we don't wanna outbid ourselves. Jensen could just wanna see if there's more money in Indy. I'm sure we'll get a chance to match/outbid Indy if Jensen liked it here.

I agree with this to a point, but if they really want Jensen offer a better deal then the Niners gave  Richburg.  Considering how thin the interior onine looks now and how it performed last season, I would not  let Jensen leave.   I think the whole we need to save some money for extensions is a little over blown considering they could cut Jackson, Ayers, Gholston, and David to create space.  Also, Grimes is for 1 year,  I'm not advocating seeing these guy cut, but they need to be able to run the ball better, it must be a priority.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah can’t blame him for wanting To explore all his options. He obviously plans on spending the next 4+ years in his new destination. Smart to make sure it’s the right fit before agreeing to anything. 

You don’t buy a new car with out test driving it and shopping around other lots for better deals first.

24 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I agree with this to a point, but if they really want Jensen offer a better deal then the Niners gave  Richburg.  Considering how thin the interior onine looks now and how it performed last season, I would not  let Jensen leave.   I think the whole we need to save some money for extensions is a little over blown considering they could cut Jackson, Ayers, Gholston, and David to create space.  Also, Grimes is for 1 year,  I'm not advocating seeing these guy cut, but they need to be able to run the ball better, it must be a priority.

We're probably gonna spend ~$30M locking up Kwon, Marpet, and D Smith. Then we're gonna spend about $30M more the year after that on Jameis. 

We DO need help. But offering Jensen, say, $12M when we could've gotten him for $8M could mean the difference between keeping a guy like Lavonte or letting him go.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We're probably gonna spend ~$30M locking up Kwon, Marpet, and D Smith. Then we're gonna spend about $30M more the year after that on Jameis. 

We DO need help. But offering Jensen, say, $12M when we could've gotten him for $8M could mean the difference between keeping a guy like Lavonte or letting him go.

Possible, but in 2 years when Jameis is past his 5th year, good chance GMC is gone, plus the cap is still going to rise.  I know it is an evaluation game, talent versus cost.  Jensen moves on okay, still need a plan to help the interior.  Im  not upset, but we need to leave money to sign some young guys is rhetoric from the organization I find annoying.  

Archived