Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

4 hours ago, What_The_Buc said:

Looks like Jensen is going to take his scheduled trip to Indianapolis. Can’t really blame him for being smart and taking visits. I just hope he doesn’t take to long and comes back to Tampa.

Saw Raven and Colts fans talking about plugging him in at guard and he can do it. I wonder if that is what Indy is trying to do. 

I wonder if that’s what the Bucs plans are. Did they really like Marpet at Center as much as they said they did.

I think Marpet is a better guard. I just wonder who is moving to LG out of Marpet and Sweezey. Jensen (or Pouncey for that matter) won’t be coming here to be a backup and getting either of those guys on the field with Marpet at guard improves the line.

If Nelson is there at #7 and we’re in no man’s land in terms of all the guys we would target are gone and we can’t trade back, I’d take him and plug him in at LG. Problem solved, see you in 10 years.

15 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I think Marpet is a better guard. I just wonder who is moving to LG out of Marpet and Sweezey. Jensen (or Pouncey for that matter) won’t be coming here to be a backup and getting either of those guys on the field with Marpet at guard improves the line.

If Nelson is there at #7 and we’re in no man’s land in terms of all the guys we would target are gone and we can’t trade back, I’d take him and plug him in at LG. Problem solved, see you in 10 years.

I almost wonder if Jensen would plug in at LG. Koetter doesn't seem to wanna move Sweezy from RG, and there's no sense in playing Marpet at the less important LG position.

I'd prefer Sweezy-Jensen-Marpet, but who knows.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I almost wonder if Jensen would plug in at LG. Koetter doesn't seem to wanna move Sweezy from RG, and there's no sense in playing Marpet at the less important LG position.

I'd prefer Sweezy-Jensen-Marpet, but who knows.

I still don’t think Sweezy will ever be the same player. Back injuries derail careers. He’s on the roster Bc they don’t want to create a need. If a Guard falls to them or someone they like comes here, then it’ll be a different story. 

I thinj marpet can play Rg or LG. I guess we will find out shortly. 

Archived