FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

I speak of MM's side.  Surely, Chargers love to pick up 2nd round comp but does MM mind about losing 2nd round for him?  That is problem.  MM has been hestiate to burn high picks for anything.

Do you suggest that Chargers have no problem dumping him?  That gives me a hope.

I think the Chargers tagged him with a 2nd round tender, knowing no one would pay that - because original round tender would be zero compensation. At least by tendering him they can dangle him in a trade for cheaper... same thing happened a few years ago between us and the Saints. 

10 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I think the Chargers tagged him with a 2nd round tender, knowing no one would pay that - because original round tender would be zero compensation. At least by tendering him they can dangle him in a trade for cheaper... same thing happened a few years ago between us and the Saints. 

Ah  I see where you go.  Jets are holding high draft position in almost every round of this draft. Chargers could be happy to take compensation from Jets rather than NFL.  Williams' comp for 2019 could end up either 4th round or 5th round.  Jets' high 4th can beat that.  .

Edited by JetsandI

After sleeping on it I feel slightly brighter than yesterday. Don’t get me wrong I think we still have a lot of work to do but if done correctly then there’s hope moving forward. 

We have to go out and improve the o-line today, a starting centre is a must (Jensen is the only one left really) and if also like another guard who best fits the zonal blocking system. 

Add in a guy like Tyler Eifert and I think it gives whoever is our QB a solid option to move the chains. 

I’d love to bring in the Honey badger if he’s released, release Skrine and resign Mo Claiborne. That would solidify the secondary. 

As for the draft, if we trade up without having to give up next years first and get Rosen I would be over the moon. If not sitting at 6 and getting Mayfield would also be brilliant. 

Still some work to do today. Still OC is an issue. WR should be upgraded, something has to happen at TE and a 2nd CB is needed.

Names still out there I want...

WR: Matthews

TE: Eifert, possible trade for Ebron, ASJ (at the right price).

OC: Jensen

CB: Gaines, Claiborne, Fuller (force Chicago to match).

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

After sleeping on it I feel slightly brighter than yesterday. Don’t get me wrong I think we still have a lot of work to do but if done correctly then there’s hope moving forward. 

We have to go out and improve the o-line today, a starting centre is a must (Jensen is the only one left really) and if also like another guard who best fits the zonal blocking system. 

Add in a guy like Tyler Eifert and I think it gives whoever is our QB a solid option to move the chains. 

I’d love to bring in the Honey badger if he’s released, release Skrine and resign Mo Claiborne. That would solidify the secondary. 

As for the draft, if we trade up without having to give up next years first and get Rosen I would be over the moon. If not sitting at 6 and getting Mayfield would also be brilliant. 

We definitely ended the day strong but Macc needs to go

He clearly is not an NFL GM, especially not in 2018

He's had 4 years and we're basically where we started in 2015 or whatever

I'm happy but next offseason there needs to be another butt in that seat

7 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

We definitely ended the day strong but Macc needs to go

He clearly is not an NFL GM, especially not in 2018

He's had 4 years and we're basically where we started in 2015 or whatever

I'm happy but next offseason there needs to be another butt in that seat

The Trumaine Johnson signing has really helped obviously as he’s the best cornerback on the market which is great.

Other than that I can’t get excited about a 2 down linebacker who cant cover for his life (Titan fans opinions not mine, Iv not seen much of him) and paying $10m to McCown and appointing him the starter. 

There is still such a huge opportunity to bring in quality players on good contracts that won’t impact us cap wise moving forward. 

Time will tell and we will very soon find out what plan we have moving forward. You are 100% right though, I’m four years we are no better than under Rex and Idzik.

If I brought in a manger to run my business for me and he had huge resources and money to improve it in all aspects and we stayed the same (some could argue regressed) then I’d be looking for a new candidate. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Jason La Canfora reporting that we’re battling with the 49ers to sign McKinnon. Take with a grain of salt

Maybe would be the end of Powell I imagine if that happened. Crowell, McKinnon and McGuire with a rookie perhaps??

Edit: @Bianconero just posted that from Schefter. Not surprising really. 

Edited by xenajets