FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

15 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

For whatever reason Cimini says he doesn’t see it happening

I don’t either, simply because there’s not a natural fit on the defense. It’s not 2014, where the Cardinals had the luxury of using a cheaply paid DB all over the place whether it be in the nickel, at LB, or FS... when you pay a guy $8+ million, you usually want a definitive position for him; something we can’t really offer. 

I wouldn’t rule it out because it’s not everyday you have this much money to spend, but chances are he signs with a team willing to give him a full-time role as a FS/nickel corner

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

I don’t either, simply because there’s not a natural fit on the defense. It’s not 2014, where the Cardinals had the luxury of using a cheaply paid DB all over the place whether it be in the nickel, at LB, or FS... when you pay a guy $8+ million, you usually want a definitive position for him; something we can’t really offer. 

I wouldn’t rule it out because it’s not everyday you have this much money to spend, but chances are he signs with a team willing to give him a full-time role as a FS/nickel corner

I see it where money shouldn’t be the issue at all. And nit even just bc we have it. But more from the point of who is he replacing Skrine? Who as of now is still on the roster. So let’s say we sign Mathieu for 10mill (just a guess)...he’s really only costing us 4mill bc cutting Skrine saves 6mill. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I see it where money shouldn’t be the issue at all. And nit even just bc we have it. But more from the point of who is he replacing Skrine? Who as of now is still on the roster. So let’s say we sign Mathieu for 10mill (just a guess)...he’s really only costing us 4mill bc cutting Skrine saves 6mill. 

Skrine had his best year last year and was asked to play out of position far too often past 2 years... it was never the plan. 

Chances are Skrine stays to play the slot for 1 more year unless they sign Mathieu, in which case he’d either be released or asked to take a pay cut. 

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Yes he is going to cost somewhere between $7-9MM but if we release Skrine we save approx. $6MM. Not a bad trade off IMO. Personally I think Skrine is most overrated player on the team.

• Like 1