FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

My 2 cents I don't think you can put Watson/Jimmy G in the top 10 just because the sample size is so small but I'm sure a vast majority of us would rather give Jimmy G who's younger his big money than pay Cousins his.

Edited by Dr.O

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve stated several times that any QB in this draft is far fetched to be better than Cousins. Let me ask you this... how do you intend on us spending 70mill in cap space after keeping our own FAs? This is legitimate question. Bc this is a big reason on why we should 100% be in on Cousins. Bc we have a QB need and have to spend a ton of money. So if we don’t address QB in FA (resigning McCown isn’t addressing QB) I want to know how you think we spend that money. Keep in mind that Pretty much every big time FA will either be resigned or tagged. So explain how you think we spend 70mill?

You don't HAVE to spend all the money. Keep flexibility for next year.

Secondly, I want to attack OL and CB in FA. Maybe add another WR as well. That's going to cost money.  I rather upgrade C, OG, add a WR, at least 1 CB, and maybe an OLB if a top one becomes avail.

1 minute ago, K-Ro 25 said:

You don't HAVE to spend all the money. Keep flexibility for next year.

Secondly, I want to attack OL and CB in FA. Maybe add another WR as well. That's going to cost money.  I rather upgrade C, OG, add a WR, at least 1 CB, and maybe an OLB if a top one becomes avail.

Ok so let’s say we add the best at every position you just named in FA there’s 30-40mill. What about the other 30-40mill? We have to spend a good amount of money. We can’t carry over the cap space like we did last year. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Ok so let’s say we add the best at every position you just named in FA there’s 30-40mill. What about the other 30-40mill? We have to spend a good amount of money. We can’t carry over the cap space like we did last year. 

I think you're vastly underestimating how much we have to spend.

2 Lineman = to around 16 million.

a RB = to 4

a WR = to 5

a top Corner = 10-12

That's around 40. 

You re-sign McCown to be a backup for 6-8

Re-sign Demario, Ealy and ASJ and just like that we don't have as much as anticipated.

Just now, K-Ro 25 said:

I think you're vastly underestimating how much we have to spend.

2 Lineman = to around 16 million.

a RB = to 4

a WR = to 5

a top Corner = 10-12

That's around 40. 

You re-sign McCown to be a backup for 6-8

Re-sign Demario, Ealy and ASJ and just like that we don't have as much as anticipated.

Point being, I rather fill holes in FA and draft the QB

Edited by K-Ro 25
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Point being, I rather fill holes in FA and draft the QB

The same could be said for any position though. Get a QB, C, OG and CB in FA and go after an Edge, RB, etc. in the draft. Fact is Cousins is proven when not a single QB in this draft class is a sure thing. Rosen is the closest thing. Drafting a QB very well may the direction we go. But I fully expect for Macc to try and get a QB in FA before we rely 100% on this draft class. It should also be noted what the cost might be to get a QB in the draft. You bring up Cousins price. But say we trade up to 3... that will cost us 6 and 37. So we get a QB that ninquestion will be a risk but also lose a very valuable pick along with it (this is just an example).

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

The same could be said for any position though. Get a QB, C, OG and CB in FA and go after an Edge, RB, etc. in the draft. Fact is Cousins is proven when not a single QB in this draft class is a sure thing. Rosen is the closest thing. Drafting a QB very well may the direction we go. But I fully expect for Macc to try and get a QB in FA before we rely 100% on this draft class. It should also be noted what the cost might be to get a QB in the draft. You bring up Cousins price. But say we trade up to 3... that will cost us 6 and 37. So we get a QB that ninquestion will be a risk but also lose a very valuable pick along with it (this is just an example).

I don't want to trade up. I don't trust Bowles with Cousins #1 and #2 I don't trust Macc in building the rest of the roster through the draft. #3, paying your QB cheap allows you to build the rest of your team. Jets have a flawed roster.

Edited by K-Ro 25

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I always hear in this sub forum Cousins is a “sure thing”.. but a sure thing to what? Throw for 4K yards? We need to look past his stats here. He doesn’t beat good teams, he can’t carry you to a win when you need it and he has pretty much no playoff experience. The Skins are hesistant to fully commit to him for a reason.

Winning playoff games is more important than paying a QB for flashy stats. I laugh at anyone that thinks Cousins can just come in here and turn our fortunes. When the cap is gone and we need corners and a pass rusher because Bowles defense still sucks, or we need to fix the offensive line, or we keep whiffing on our draft picks.. I don’t want to go down that road.

Kirk did play well in his lone playoff appearance I’ll give him that. If he wants to play here and be paid how he should then cool. Some other team wants to give him 30+ mill (hopefully a team in front of us in the draft) then LET THEM.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I always hear in this sub forum Cousins is a “sure thing”.. but a sure thing to what? Throw for 4K yards? We need to look past his stats here. He doesn’t beat good teams, he can’t carry you to a win when you need it and he has pretty much no playoff experience. The Skins are hesistant to fully commit to him for a reason.

Winning playoff games is more important than paying a QB for flashy stats. I laugh at anyone that thinks Cousins can just come in here and turn our fortunes. When the cap is gone and we need corners and a pass rusher because Bowles defense still sucks, or we need to fix the offensive line, or we keep whiffing on our draft picks.. I don’t want to go down that road.

Kirk did play well in his lone playoff appearance I’ll give him that. If he wants to play here and be paid how he should then cool. Some other team wants to give him 30+ mill (hopefully a team in front of us in the draft) then LET THEM.

THANK YOU!

18 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

This point is going nowhere though unless you 100% believe in the QB we draft at 6 is absolutely our franchise QB and will take us and win playoff games. Your 2s argument is for unknowns. There’s no Peyton Manning this draft that we all know eventually will be a star. So your alternative is a huge risk that sets this franchise back several years perhaps. Where with Cousins there’s no risk in that. We know what he is. If anything we can make him better. Give him a run game to compliment him, etc. If we had 50mill in cap space I wouldn’t be all in on him. But with 110mill in cap space Macc should get fired for not going hard for him if available.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This point is going nowhere though unless you 100% believe in the QB we draft at 6 is absolutely our franchise QB and will take us and win playoff games. Your 2s argument is for unknowns. There’s no Peyton Manning this draft that we all know eventually will be a star. So your alternative is a huge risk that sets this franchise back several years perhaps. Where with Cousins there’s no risk in that. We know what he is. If anything we can make him better. Give him a run game to compliment him, etc. If we had 50mill in cap space I wouldn’t be all in on him. But with 110mill in cap space Macc should get fired for not going hard for him if available.

Again, what exactly does Kirk Cousins guarantee us? It’s certainly not playoff appearances or the ability to carry a team. If we are paying him 35m a year and we get what he has been for the Redskins, it’s 100% not worth it and I’d gamble on the draft or  even crazier waste another year with whatever crap vet and let the coaching staff die. 

and you know how the draft works. Every QB is a gamble. Not every class has an Andrew Luck in it and this QB class is not nearly as bad as you make it seem. Watson was/is 100% on his way to becoming a franchise QB and no one was pounding the table for him last year. That’s where our crappy GM has to actually show he knows something. But this is the same guy who overdrafted Hack so I can see the concern.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Again, what exactly does Kirk Cousins guarantee us? It’s certainly not playoff appearances or the ability to carry a team. If we are paying him 35m a year and we get what he has been for the Redskins, it’s 100% not worth it and I’d gamble on the draft or  even crazier waste another year with whatever crap vet and let the coaching staff die. 

and you know how the draft works. Every QB is a gamble. Not every class has an Andrew Luck in it and this QB class is not nearly as bad as you make it seem. Watson was/is 100% on his way to becoming a franchise QB and no one was pounding the table for him last year. That’s where our crappy GM has to actually show he knows something. But this is the same guy who overdrafted Hack so I can see the concern.

22 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

With that logic NO signing Brees was bad. Your logic is saying that coming here he’s in the same exact situation as he was in a Washington. Which is baffling. It’s a whole new system, new weapons, new line, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Would you guys be against doing a complete overhaul at RB. Like Cut Powell and Forte, let McGuire be the #2RB, sign a niche type RB like Burkhead and draft a guy in rounds 2-4

Most definitely. Burkhead or McKinnon and I'm cool.