FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

I want the following with the 110M we will have.  I think this is somewhat realistic.

QB: Cousins (35M hit in year 1)
WR: Matthews (5-6M)
TE: Burton (5-6M, let ASJ walk)
CB: Fuller and Gaines (12-15M for both, Let Mo walk) 
LG: Pugh (6-7M, cut Carp)
C: Jensen (10-11M, highest paid C)

Resign
Davis 
Dozier

It's tight but we could swing something like this and sign the draft class.  It's a playoff team especially with 4 top 70 picks to be added.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

I want the following with the 110M we will have.  I think this is somewhat realistic.

QB: Cousins (35M hit in year 1)
WR: Matthews (5-6M)
TE: Burton (5-6M, let ASJ walk)
CB: Fuller and Gaines (12-15M for both, Let Mo walk) 
LG: Pugh (6-7M, cut Carp)
C: Jensen (10-11M, highest paid C)

Resign
Davis 
Dozier

It's tight but we could swing something like this and sign the draft class.  It's a playoff team especially with 4 top 70 picks to be added.

Likely need more cap bud. 5 mil for the draft class and role players that will either need to be signed or re-signed above the vet minimum.  

6 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Likely need more cap bud. 5 mil for the draft class and role players that will either need to be signed or re-signed above the vet minimum.  

Not really bc he has us getting 2 CBs and a TE signing our own is cheap eliminating ASJ and Claiborne from the mix. It’s doable. I just can hope we can add quality players like that and get younger.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Not really bc he has us getting 2 CBs and a TE signing our own is cheap eliminating ASJ and Claiborne from the mix. It’s doable. I just can hope we can add quality players like that and get younger.

Going on the low end for cap hits this year for all of those guys with Davis and Dozier we're at 95 mil.  Add the draft class is 100 mil.  Tendering Enunwa puts us at 103.  How about all the depth we need, etc.?  Coming from everyone on the vet minimum?  Also, we're not maxing out our cap and backloading every deal, which we'd have to do in this case.  This also doesn't include guys like Cooper, Miles, and Qvale who will likely be tendered, Catanzaro, our entire o-line and d-line depth, our LB depth, etc.  A lot will get the vet minimum, but some will need to come back over that.

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Going on the low end for cap hits this year for all of those guys with Davis and Dozier we're at 95 mil.  Add the draft class is 100 mil.  Tendering Enunwa puts us at 103.  How about all the depth we need, etc.?  Coming from everyone on the vet minimum?  Also, we're not maxing out our cap and backloading every deal, which we'd have to do in this case.  This also doesn't include guys like Cooper, Miles, and Qvale who will likely be tendered, Catanzaro, our entire o-line and d-line depth, our LB depth, etc.  A lot will get the vet minimum, but some will need to come back over that.

I think he has closer with those deals at 80mill spent on outside FAs.

21 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not really after adding 6M for Davis and vet min for Dozier we should have about roughly 8M before the draft and that is if we structure all the salaries on the high end of my estimates.  That gives us more than 53 on the roster at that point.  Swapping out the fringe roster guys with draft picks won't be over 5-7M as you said so that puts us right at the cap.  We could easily move money around to resign some vets like Copper, Middleton, Miles etc.  Who else do we have to sign?  Who did I miss?  

Edit: I forgot about Q's salary but still it's tight but not far from unrealistic.  Just a slight contact adjustment for any of the FA's could make it easily doable.  

Edit: The high end of my estimates in outside FA's I calculated about 15M left.  Davis and Dozier will be 7-8M which leaves us about 7-8M for the draft and minimum salary vets.

Edited by Rockice_8

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think he has closer with those deals at 80mill spent on outside FAs.

I got to 85 without Demario and Dozier assuming the low-end of the numbers he gave.  Again, would mean on the low end for all first year cap hits except Cousins, which could set us up for failure down the the road as well.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

I got to 85 without Demario and Dozier assuming the low-end of the numbers he gave.  Again, would mean on the low end for all first year cap hits except Cousins, which could set us up for failure down the the road as well.

I absolutely think it’s unrealstic. But something along those lines would be great.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not really after adding 6M for Davis and vet min for Dozier we should have about roughly 8M before the draft and that is if we structure all the salaries on the high end of my estimates.  That gives us more than 53 on the roster at that point.  Swapping out the fringe roster guys with draft picks won't be over 5-7M as you said so that puts us right at the cap.  We could easily move money around to resign some vets like Copper, Middleton, Miles etc.  Who else do we have to sign?  Who did I miss?  

Edit: I forgot about Q's salary but still it's tight but not far from unrealistic.  Just a slight contact adjustment for any of the FA's could make it easily doable.  

Demario is getting more than 6 mil my friend.  He'll likely be paid close to a top 5 ILB after the year he just had.  We could move money around and even without Q, we still need a kicker, and still need to fill out a roster.  We have A TON of fringe FA's.  If we could somehow swing it, we'd literally be at the cusp of the cap, which you don't want to do, especially since we'd have to backload deals.  We'd be in cap trouble for years. 

8 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Demario is getting more than 6 mil my friend.  He'll likely be paid close to a top 5 ILB after the year he just had.  We could move money around and even without Q, we still need a kicker, and still need to fill out a roster.  We have A TON of fringe FA's.  If we could somehow swing it, we'd literally be at the cusp of the cap, which you don't want to do, especially since we'd have to backload deals.  We'd be in cap trouble for years. 

If we backloaded deals than those cap hits wouldn't be at their estimates I picked in year 1 they would be less which gives us even more cap than I said.  Those numbers are annually not backloaded cap hits in year 1.  Cousins deal at 35M will likely be frontloaded some at that number actually.  We could backload but even making Cousins from 35M to 30M than we have another 5M in cap leaving us about 13M before the draft which is easily enough to sign mid year guys and the draft.

Our roster would be nearly full actually after signing what 9 players?  

I'm not pay Davis top 5 money plus you do realize 6M is about 1.5M away from top 5 money right.

Edited by Rockice_8

9 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

That I agree with.  Would love it, but don't see it happening unfortunately.

Listen I'm not saying it will happen because other teams have money too and will pay these guys just as much.  Teams never get every FA they want, just saying those are the guys I would target at those positions and try to get as many as I can. 

Edited by Rockice_8