FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

16 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah, Burton is not a TE but having him could limit Stewart's playing time.  Bobby will profusely complain about the Stewart pick. lol.

If Jets got Cousins then Burton could be useful since that is Cousins' style of passing offense.  You pay Cousins a gold bullion so you better get his weapons properly. Just getting Cousins won't work.

Completely agree that just getting Cousins won’t work. WRs sometimes take a year to adjust. Problem with Stewart is that he didn’t even play when he was completely healthy to even see how far off he is. At this point he’s a failed pick until proven otherwise. 3rd Rounders should atleast get some playing time as rookies regardless of position. It’s not like we have a loaded WR core like GB or something either.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah, Burton is not a TE but having him could limit Stewart's playing time.  Bobby will profusely complain about the Stewart pick. lol.

If Jets got Cousins then Burton could be useful since that is Cousins' style of passing offense.  You pay Cousins a gold bullion so you better get his weapons properly. Just getting Cousins won't work.

Why is he not a tight end?  He's as much of a tight end as Jordan Reed is.

28 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

You can say that about half the TE's in the league my man

Don't blame me. Somebody complained about his size.   If Jets got Burton then I would expect him line up at an area where Stewart would be supposed to be at.  hands on ground among OL? I don't see that way.  Travis Kelce, Rob Gronkowski and Zach Ertz are at least able to do that and they are TE.

22 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Don't blame me. Somebody complained about his size.   If Jets got Burton then I would expect him line up at an area where Stewart would be supposed to be at.  hands on ground among OL? I don't see that way.  Travis Kelce, Rob Gronkowski and Zach Ertz are at least able to do that and they are TE.

He lined up with his hand in the dirt in Philly, but also played in the slot.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Josh Sitton's option was declined. Going to be 32, but a major upgrade to Carp at LG; still a top 10 guard in the league. I’d take him on a 2 year deal personally.

I was thinking the same thing. He would be a good bargain if no team willingly pays him at least 7m.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Yeah, take a look at highlights. 

Looked at Redskins and Bears highlights.  Those hands in the dirt actions were a slot back type.  Not TE.

TE hands in the dirt at LOS among OL.

Slot back, FB, H-Back hands in the dirt behind LOS and outside of OL.

25 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Looked at Redskins and Bears highlights.  Those hands in the dirt actions were a slot back type.  Not TE.

TE hands in the dirt at LOS among OL.

Slot back, FB, H-Back hands in the dirt behind LOS and outside of OL.

YouTube search trey burton Eagles highlights. His hands in the dirt on the line on the second play.  I can post it later if need be. 

Edited by barnaby8787