FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Sammy Watkins, Jordan Matthews, Marqise Lee, Paul Richardson, Donte Moncrief. Obviously of this group, Watkins is sadly the best of the group, offers the most upside yet when does the allure of Watkins start to fade? Matthews and Lee are solid possession receivers, Richardson is coming off his best season. Moncrief can't be viewed as nothing more than a red zone opton.

Tyrell Williams [RFA] Pending on what round he gets tagged with, he could be an interesting option.

Terrelle Pryor, would anyone roll the dice on him? Obviously if we sign Cousins, he shouldn't be considered as they never clicked at all.

Tavon Austin as a cut candidate.

This group is starting to look real ugly.

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Cousins + Robinson + TE Mark Andrews at 29th.  A lot of fans have no faith in Jets' coaching skill so those 3 new acquired offensive players could make a jump start to revive the pathetic offense. 

Robinson is a FA... Jets don’t have to swap picks to try and get him. That being said I think the Jags resign AR15. Trust me I hope he hits FA and we are all over him to give whoever is at QB a weapon. But the Jags won’t let him go easily. He’s a tough one bc coming off an ACL they really don’t want to tag him. So he will more than likely be able to hit the market. And with the success of ACL surgeries now. Someone (maybe us) will pay him as if he never got injured.

2 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

Sammy Watkins, Jordan Matthews, Marqise Lee, Paul Richardson, Donte Moncrief. Obviously of this group, Watkins is sadly the best of the group, offers the most upside yet when does the allure of Watkins start to fade? Matthews and Lee are solid possession receivers, Richardson is coming off his best season. Moncrief can't be viewed as nothing more than a red zone opton.

Tyrell Williams [RFA] Pending on what round he gets tagged with, he could be an interesting option.

Terrelle Pryor, would anyone roll the dice on him? Obviously if we sign Cousins, he shouldn't be considered as they never clicked at all.

There’s several cut candidates that I think will get thrown in the WR pool. GB I don’t think can keep both Cobb and Nelson. I’d imagine they cut Cobb before Nelson. It’s going to be hard for Denver to keep both Thomas and Sanders and be in on Cousins, so one of them might hit the market. Several others as well.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Robinson is a FA... Jets don’t have to swap picks to try and get him. That being said I think the Jags resign AR15. Trust me I hope he hits FA and we are all over him to give whoever is at QB a weapon. But the Jags won’t let him go easily. He’s a tough one bc coming off an ACL they really don’t want to tag him. So he will more than likely be able to hit the market. And with the success of ACL surgeries now. Someone (maybe us) will pay him as if he never got injured.

The word is he will be tagged as a franchise player.  Hence, the swap.   I know it takes too much stake in that but I look at whatever option that may do the tricks for Jets.   If he wasn't tagged then go for it.

Edited by JetsandI

5 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

Watkins may be tagged. lol.  

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s several cut candidates that I think will get thrown in the WR pool. GB I don’t think can keep both Cobb and Nelson. I’d imagine they cut Cobb before Nelson. It’s going to be hard for Denver to keep both Thomas and Sanders and be in on Cousins, so one of them might hit the market. Several others as well.

Sanders is nothing.  Cut him.  I heard some complaint about Thomas' hands.  Not sure if he is 50/50 or 65/35 ratio. I don't mind the latter if he is cut.

23 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Cousins + Robinson + TE Mark Andrews at 29th.  A lot of fans have no faith in Jets' coaching skill so those 3 new acquired offensive players could make a jump start to revive the pathetic offense. 

No, sorry, was confused on your Robinson proposal

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

All are getting old though and Cobb is a shell of his former self unfortunately.