Snake and Bake

Ghostnote

What does Jon Gruden know about building a football team? For Christ sakes just hire an aspiring GM like Decosta, Caserio or Riddick. Stop dicking around with stupid crap that doesn't work. I'm telling you if they botch this or bring Bruce back he's going to completely lose this fanbase. 

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What does Jon Gruden know about building a football team? For Christ sakes just hire an aspiring GM like Decosta, Caserio or Riddick. Stop dicking around with stupid crap that doesn't work. I'm telling you if they botch this or bring Bruce back he's going to completely lose this fanbase. 

I think it is widely known that he had major say in the way the Raiders were built when he was there and when he was with the Bucs.

I think connections mean as much as anything else. Just look at the job John Lynch & Kyle Shanahan are doing in San Fran when most people laughed and Jed York when he hired Lynch out of the booth.

Presumably we’d still keep Eric Schafer who is probably the most important person in the front office.

Obviously this is all far fetched speculation.....but I’ll play along. I really like the idea of John taking over as GM. I, more than anything, want to keep Kirk and the coaching staff together. IMO Jay should be considered for coach of the year considering we have a chance to finish .500 with the amount of injuries we have had to deal with. The Giants have had similar amounts of injuries an look what a bag of turds they turned out to be.  I think John and Jay would work extremely well together!  No more petty backstabbing, media leaking nonsense that Bruce pulls. 

10 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I’d love if we hired Jon Gruden because it would be such a fun ride on this forum.

Skepticism -> Unbridled Optimism -> Staunch Defense of Questionable Moves -> Fans turn on him, turtle28 stands by him -> Unbridled hatred

Think of it as a front office Donovan McNabb

McNabb was still better than the alternative in 2011 which was my main point all along. It wouldn’t have mattered though because McNabb wasn’t going to take us to the super bowl even if we would have won a few more games with him at qb in 2011. 

Perhaps though if McNabb had been our starter in 2011 we wouldn’t have been able to trade up for RG3 - the Browns would have gotten him - and then we would have drafted Ryan Tanehill or drafted one of the other QBs in round 2 like Cousins or Wilson and been the same we are now.

Oh well, we’ll never know.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

McNabb was still better than the alternative in 2011 which was my main point all along. It wouldn’t have mattered though because McNabb wasn’t going to take us to the super bowl even if we would have won a few more games with him at qb in 2011. 

Perhaps though if McNabb had been our starter in 2011 we wouldn’t have been able to trade up for RG3 - the Browns would have gotten him - and then we would have drafted Ryan Tanehill or drafted one of the other QBs in round 2 like Cousins or Wilson and been the same we are now.

Oh well, we’ll never know.

I rest my case

Archived