Week 17: New York Jets vs. New England Patriots - it's Hackening

jetskid007

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Don’t think we see Hack today unless injury.

I think we're going to see him. Between all the reports we read this week and the fact that he split all first team reps/walk through reps with Petty, I believe (and hope) he gets at least a half. I think the Jets are ready to get his feet wet regardless what direction they go at QB this offseason. Just because he may not be an anointed starter, he still has a place on the team as a backup/developmental QB if he continues to develop. He's got 2 years left on his deal and will be 23 years old. Petty has 1 year and will be 27. 

Although it would be very, very, VERY stupid to let a few quarters determine the future of the QB position, I would absolutely love to see Hackenberg come in for 2 quarters and absolutely shred it. Would be a nice big FU to all his haters for a few months. 

Then go out and sign Kirk. 

50 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Although it would be very, very, VERY stupid to let a few quarters determine the future of the QB position, I would absolutely love to see Hackenberg come in for 2 quarters and absolutely shred it. Would be a nice big FU to all his haters for a few months. 

Then go out and sign Kirk. 

This is ideal for me too. 

45 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Great title. It would be great to see him play. But have to say, it's very Jetslike to get him out there having only taking half the first team reps. 

Contrary to some reports, John Morton has confirmed that Hack has been getting first team reps since week 15. His reps were ramped up week 16, and he had the most first team reps (even split) this past week. Besides, Hackenberg had the most reps of all QBs with the 1s in the offseason. He should be prepared - if he isn't there's a problem. 

7 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Contrary to some reports, John Morton has confirmed that Hack has been getting first team reps since week 15. His reps were ramped up week 16, and he had the most first team reps (even split) this past week. Besides, Hackenberg had the most reps of all QBs with the 1s in the offseason. He should be prepared - if he isn't there's a problem. 

Jusging by his preseason season action. I liked what I saw Week 1. Accurate and made good decisions. But it was too safe. Not a single throw over 12yds I believe. He has an arm he has to stretch a defense. Interested to see if he plays today if he takes some shots down field to guys like Robby and Hansen.

Our defense really leaves a lot left to be desired. Defensive line was such a bust. Still dont think Leonard Williams is very special. Simply and above average player. We need to pas rushers and another DT badly, cant stop the run or generate pressure. In fact what do we excel at defensively, honestly? Bowles has failed miserably with this D.

9 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Giants are up 6-0 and just picked off Cousins deep in Washington territory.  A win for the Giants and a loss for the Colts would be huge.  Colts get the 2nd pick and we can trade up.

I was just about to post this. Makes it possible to trade up to that second spot.

Archived