PLAYOFSSSSSSSSS: #3 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS @ #6 BUFFALO BILLS: SUNDAY 1 PM EST

.Buzz

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

Over the course of the season, the Jags were better in all of the following.

Offense:

• Points per game
  • Yards per game
  • Yards per play
  • Pass yards
  • Yards per attempt
  • Yards per completion
  • Passer rating
  • Sacks
  • Sack percentage
  • Rush yards
  • Yards per rush
  • Red zone scoring percentage
  • First downs
  • Time of possession
  • 3 and outs
  • Punt %

Defense:

• Yards per play
  • Pass yards
  • Yards per pass
  • Yards per completion
  • Passer rating
  • Interceptions
  • Sacks
  • Sack percentage
  • Rush yards
  • Yards per rush
  • Yards per attempt
  • Fumbles forced
  • Third down conversion
  • Red zone scoring percentage
  • First downs
  • 3 and outs
  • Punt %

From what I found, the Bills were better at

Offense:

• 3rd down conversion
  • Interceptions
  • Fumbles
  • Passer rating (Tyrod only)

Defense:

• Nothing

This suggests that the Jags should roll the Bills. But on the other hand, those turnovers could easily turn the tide.

Yeahhh that's why you shouldn't look at just box scores.... All those stats and only a single win more than us while getting to play the titans, colts, Texans twice each lol.

Bills have the best overall secondary in the NFL imo. 3 elite players from this year (Hyde, Poyer, Tre White) then an above average CB in EJ Gaines. They've only allowed 14 passing TDs on the year (lowest in the NFL, less than 1 a game), and if they can get a consistent pass rush the YPG and other box score stats would look alot better.

Hey, I don't mind the (5) bullet points you gave us. Those look the the recipe for a W. Control the ball, don't turn it over, convert 3rd downs ;) 

Kidding aside I think it'll be a competitive game because I don't think the Jaguars have the fire power on offense to pull away. Before hearing how Shady is doing I think 24-17 Jaguars but if McCoy can somehow get that ankle to be close to 90%, it'll be a lot close cause we won't be throwing on your CB's.

10 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Yeahhh that's why you shouldn't look at just box scores.... All those stats and only a single win more than us

> “don’t look at only box scores”

> proceeds to point out only the score from box scores

19 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

They've only allowed 14 passing TDs on the year (lowest in the NFL, less than 1 a game

This is also false. Further, it’s paired with the worst rushing TD total allowed in the NFL. 

14 minutes ago, iPwn said:

This is also false. Further, it’s paired with the worst rushing TD total allowed in the NFL. 

And fun fact, even after what I was told was the point that the Bills “fixed the run defense” and became a “team totally different from what they were in that 3 game stretch” they’re still bottom 2 over that span.

You don’t have a low passing TD total because you have the best secondary in football, it’s because teams can jam it down your throat for rushing TDs.

Completion percentage against:

Jags - #1

Bills - #25

Yards per attempt:

Jags - #1

Bills - #15

Yards per completion:

Jags - #2

Bills - #8

Interceptions:

Jags - #2

Bills - #8

Interception percentage (per pass)

Jags - #1

Bills - #9

Passer rating:

Jags - #1

Bills - #6

Touchdowns was the only stat the Bills were even top 5 in against the pass. And again, they weren’t first. And was paired with the worst rate vs the run in all of football.

And using DVOA to adjust for opponent because “getting to play the titans, colts, Texans twice each lol” means the Jags are actually bad,

The Jaguars have the 8th overall DVOA, and the Bills the 21st. This has the Jaguars still with the #1 defense, paired with the #16 offense. The Bills sit 17th and 26th, respectively.

If you use weighted, to show that the Bills were totally playing better football after they figured things out post-Dareus the Jags have the 10th rated DVOA, whereas the Bills actually have the 28th ranked weighted DVOA. 

Pythagorean wins say the Jaguars should have had the third most wins of any team this season, whereas the Bills should have finished 20th.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Lol. Ok then

Lol nice. It helps when you have 55 sacks (Jaguars) compared to 27 from the Bills. The Jaguars have double the sacks, Bills are 2nd to last in pressure so yeah I hope that would force the QB to make quicker/worse decisions. You guys have a much better overall D, I'm not disputing that. A good pass rush helps a secondary and the Bills have no pass rush. What they've done this year is very impressive so idc about your team D stats.

I watch them every week - our DL and pass rush is not there, we have 1 or 2 decent LB's but the reason we have a winning record and aren't 6-10 is because of our secondary. They've sealed 3 or 4 games for us in the 4th quarter in tight games.  

Jordan Poyer, S : 95 tackles, 5 INTs, 1 TD, 13 PD, 1 FR, 2 TFL

Micah Hyde, S : 82 tackles, 5 INTs, 13 PD, 2 TFL

Tre White : 69 tackles, 4 INTs, 1 FF, 18 PD, 2 FR, 1 TD, 3 TFL.

Is it really that laughable to say we have a top 3 secondary when you have (2) elite seasons from the safeties and (1) elite season from White????

White's PFF 3rd ranked CB in the NFL, lead all rookies in PD and only let up (1) TD.

1 minute ago, The BILLievers said:

Is it really that laughable to say we have a top 3 secondary

That isn’t what you said though.

Archived