I see the Road to the Super Bowl going through Minnesota. The NFC championship will be in Minnesota. But I see the Saints going to Super Bowl 52

chargerbuckeye

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Rams' big flaw is our terrible run defense. Claiming that the 49ers loss shows weakness just makes you look ignorant. The Rams rested their starters. It's not even remotely similar to the Saints losing a game against TB that they tried to win (not that I think that's a big deal).

It was meant to show that a week 17 loss is typically meaningless, and doesn't change much. The Saints rested some guys that will be playing next week as this game did very little for us in regards to the playoffs as we weren't going to get a bye. Probably could have elaborated more on it, but honestly didn't care all that much. 

6 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

It was meant to show that a week 17 loss is typically meaningless, and doesn't change much. The Saints rested some guys that will be playing next week as this game did very little for us in regards to the playoffs as we weren't going to get a bye. Probably could have elaborated more on it, but honestly didn't care all that much. 

It wound up being meaningless, but it was a game we tried to win, Brees, Cam Jordan, Kamara, Ingram, Thomas, Lattimore all played.  It was yet another game the Saints came out flat in.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

It wound up being meaningless, but it was a game we tried to win, Brees, Cam Jordan, Kamara, Ingram, Thomas, Lattimore all played.  It was yet another game the Saints came out flat in.

Agree to disagree. It wound up being meaningless. We had very little to gain. The biggest thing was keeping some rhythm with our starters instead of taking the week off, and keeping injuries to a minimum. There was no hail mary attempt or anything when we got the ball back with a few seconds left. I'm just not convinced that winning was the most important thing for Sean Payton yesterday. Regardless we could go in circles here, so we will just have to wait and see what happens this weekend when it matters in regards to each of our thoughts on the current state of where the Saints rank.

On a side note I found an interesting bit of info on another board regarding us playing with/without Terron Armstead. I haven't checked to see if it's completely accurate, but it does seem right watching how our offense plays with and without Armstead as we have to shuffle multiple OL guys around.
Average rushing yards per game with Armstead (based on the 10 games he has played all or most of): 155 yards 
Average rushing yards without Armstead: 86 yards 
Mark Ingram  (with Armstead): 87 yards per game and 12 TD's 
Mark Ingram per game (without Armstead): 42 yards and 0 TD's 
With Armstead: 31 points a game 
Without Armstead: 22 points a game "

25 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Agree to disagree. It wound up being meaningless. We had very little to gain. The biggest thing was keeping some rhythm with our starters instead of taking the week off, and keeping injuries to a minimum. There was no hail mary attempt or anything when we got the ball back with a few seconds left. I'm just not convinced that winning was the most important thing for Sean Payton yesterday. Regardless we could go in circles here, so we will just have to wait and see what happens this weekend when it matters in regards to each of our thoughts on the current state of where the Saints rank.

On a side note I found an interesting bit of info on another board regarding us playing with/without Terron Armstead. I haven't checked to see if it's completely accurate, but it does seem right watching how our offense plays with and without Armstead as we have to shuffle multiple OL guys around.
Average rushing yards per game with Armstead (based on the 10 games he has played all or most of): 155 yards 
Average rushing yards without Armstead: 86 yards 
Mark Ingram  (with Armstead): 87 yards per game and 12 TD's 
Mark Ingram per game (without Armstead): 42 yards and 0 TD's 
With Armstead: 31 points a game 
Without Armstead: 22 points a game "

Armstead is great, but Armstead is always hurt. The team needs to figure out how to produce without him.

We never throw Hail Marys lol.  We usually give the ball to someone in space and try to miracle lateral.  Brees doesn't have a Rodgers arm.  I didn't even watch the last part of the game though, I have no idea what we did and don't care, the game is over at that point.

At the end of the day, if we didn't care about winning the game, our best players shouldn't have been playing, and especially not late into game.  If that's the case, then I have even less faith in the team because Sean Payton is an idiot.  

27 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Armstead is great, but Armstead is always hurt. The team needs to figure out how to produce without him.

We never throw Hail Marys lol.  We usually give the ball to someone in space and try to miracle lateral.  Brees doesn't have a Rodgers arm.  I didn't even watch the last part of the game though, I have no idea what we did and don't care, the game is over at that point.

At the end of the day, if we didn't care about winning the game, our best players shouldn't have been playing, and especially not late into game.  If that's the case, then I have even less faith in the team because Sean Payton is an idiot.  

While yes that would be great, it's much easier said than done. Elite caliber LT's don't exactly grow on trees. We just need to try and keep Armstead as healthy as possible. He's a game changer on the OL for us.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

While yes that would be great, it's much easier said than done. Elite caliber LT's don't exactly grow on trees. We just need to try and keep Armstead as healthy as possible. He's a game changer on the OL for us.

You don't need an elite caliber LT to compete though. If you can get an average LT, you'll be OK. Obviously Armstead is better than average, but a guy like Ramy who is the same guy week in and week out is a better solution long term IMO.

15 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

You don't need an elite caliber LT to compete though. If you can get an average LT, you'll be OK. Obviously Armstead is better than average, but a guy like Ramy who is the same guy week in and week out is a better solution long term IMO.

I disagree, it makes a huge difference having a borderline elite LT vs an average LT. Ramy has been very good for a rookie at RT, but he isn't the same type of player that Armstead is. We need Armstead out there. We have no replacement for him right now and are very likely to not find one near his caliber if we move on from him.

10 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I disagree, it makes a huge difference having a borderline elite LT vs an average LT. Ramy has been very good for a rookie at RT, but he isn't the same type of player that Armstead is. We need Armstead out there. We have no replacement for him right now and are very likely to not find one near his caliber if we move on from him.

Four of the games Armstead missed were at the beginning of the season, when Peterson was playing too much and Kamara too little.  He missed both Carolina games also.  He can be replaced.  Not by any old scrub, but he can be replaced.  He's a walking time bomb, and everytime he plays I look to make sure he isn't rolling around on the ground holding something.

But my point isn't to get rid of him, but that the team needs to figure out how to make it work when he's not in there.  

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Four of the games Armstead missed were at the beginning of the season, when Peterson was playing too much and Kamara too little.  He missed both Carolina games also.  He can be replaced.  Not by any old scrub, but he can be replaced.  He's a walking time bomb, and everytime he plays I look to make sure he isn't rolling around on the ground holding something.

But my point isn't to get rid of him, but that the team needs to figure out how to make it work when he's not in there.  

Ingram was playing and has had a noticeable jump in play when Armstead is out there. He can be replaced, but it will almost certainly be a downgrade if he is. 

Archived