Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Firing your successful GM right before an NFL Draft because he's making the moves he was hire to do sounds like the messiest thing a president can do?? You're contradicting yourself. 

You just don't get it. Gute wouldn't have to be fired if Rodgers demands to stay because he's not going to throw a fit or take a stand against it. Gute accepted the job without reservation with full knowledge he didn't have the power enjoyed by his predecessors.

14 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Same reply as the post above to Raymond. The Packers are NOT going to get messy.

Where your confusion lies is in the definition of messy.  This would not be "messy" at all.  It's good business.  It was very bad biz to give Lord Rodgers that bloated overpaid contract with the power that came with it.  Can't undo that now, but it is time to get back on the right track.  Grow some balls and do what is right for the team.  By doing my above if it comes to that.  Players are not the only ones who can play hard ball, and what I present is simply reality.  You do NOT, especially at this point but never should have in the past, allow Lord Rodgers to dictate terms.  His is but a bit piece and melting fast

Edited by 15412

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

Where your confusion lies is in the definition of messy.  This would not be "messy" at all.  It's good business.  It was very bad biz to give Lord Rodgers that bloated overpaid contract with the power that came with it.  Can't undo that now, but it is time to get back on the right track.  Grow some balls and do what is right for the team.  By doing my above if it comes to that.  Players are not the only ones who can play hard ball, and what I present is simply reality.  You do NOT, especially at this point but never should have in the past, allow Lord Rodgers to dictate terms.  His is bu a bit piece and melting fast

Two words...

Murphy / Favre

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Don't assume I disagree with you. I want him to request a trade.

In order for me to think you have something here with your info, I'd have to believe Murphy believed they made a mistake with Favre and would never want to repeat it, which couldn't be further from the truth. I'd also have to believe that now on top of the coaching autonomy he knowingly gave up, Gute's also given up roster autonomy. Essentially Gute is the Stephen Jones to Murphy's Jerry. I don't buy that either, not from someone who's core principles are from rising under Wolf and TT. He wouldn't have taken the job, he could've been GM of multiple other teams. 

The only way Rodgers will be back is if he agrees to a nice paycut and Love agrees to remain backup one more year, as I truly believe no one in our FO wishes to rebuild, and that they believe for 2023 Aaron gives us the better shot at the title. There's no way in hell Gute gives up Jordan for 1 year of Aaron. His entire legacy as a GM of the Packers will be set in stone at that moment, no one can be that naïve to believe (even if someone tells them) that Gute will accept that and be a puppet. If Jordan has already told Gute and the FO (since he mentioned that he communicates with Jordan and his representation often, while saying he hasn't spoken to Rodgers at all) that he's not going to report as a backup, than the decision has already been made whether Rodgers wants back or not. 

I get WANTING to believe the Packers hold all the cards, but it's just not reality. The team decided to go along with Rodgers desires from the top down. All Rodgers had to do in return was show some level of commitment. It carries with it the belief that Rodgers will not want to play beyond his ability to be effective, which is admittedly a gamble. But they don't believe he'd want to play after he's completely lost it. The team has handcuffed itself to a degree that they're willing to live with in order to avoid a repeat of the Favre divorce.