New Coaching Hires + Greg Roman staying

wackywabbit

5 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

:(

Sounds like Chicago wants to keep Fangio. Baltimore's best hope is that he actually wants to leave... although I think Vic will be getting a head coaching job sooner rather than later. 

More likely to get a head coaching gig being the DC for Baltimore than the DC for Chicago, IMO. But, if Fangio stays, it's pretty much Pagano or bust for us seeing that I've heard nothing about us going outside of our system to find a creative and young DC from the college ranks or even the NFL ranks from assistants.

Just now, Darth Pees said:

More likely to get a head coaching gig being the DC for Baltimore than the DC for Chicago, IMO. But, if Fangio stays, it's pretty much Pagano or bust for us seeing that I've heard nothing about us going outside of our system to find a creative and young DC from the college ranks or even the NFL ranks from assistants.

Well, there's Ted Monachino too. I suppose Steve Spagnuolo and maybe Jack Del Rio could also fit the bill. 

Well looks like Terryl Austin isn’t comfortably locked up yet. The Raiders are now jumping into the fray offering him a defensive backs coach and assistant head coaching role. If this keeps up perhaps we swoop in and give our track record of how our defensive coordinators turn into long tenured coaches in the league.

So if Fangio doesn’t work out, Austin still might be an option.

Speaking of Fangio, the Bears don’t have the kind of coach that makes me think we won’t have a chance at Fangio. The biggest reason he might stay in Chicago, I’d imagine is loyalty to the players, kind of like with Rex Ryan when he was here.

Archived