Most disappointing player on your team this year?

everlong

15 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

VW was good IMO, but other than Haden and Hilton, the secondary has been too inconsistent and often not starting calibre for a respected D.  Breakdowns  , missed tackles and of course penalties.  Better than a few years ago during the Blake era, but lets get this fixed. Dominance is history for our D, no threat on edge, and too many issues in the secondary and salary cap as usual. Burns is better than what we had (Blake . Cockrell) but that isn't saying much.  I am tired of the team trying to make RD1 picks work and giving them the start as well as keeping them for the 4 or 5 years and starting them most of that duration. 

Biggest issue to me has to be the scouting and evaluation of these players.  Obviously I don't know what criteria and information they are basing these picks on but many of them have not worked out.  I'm not sure who is ultimately responsible for that, is it Colbert or the guys he is relying on for quality information?  But it needs to be fixed.  We need to start landing legitimate talent.  Yes, we still hit more than most perhaps but we seem to miss at the same positions over and over again.  To think we could have had Marcus Peters and some other very quality current Cbs in the league.

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Oh wait....nevermind....its Bud Dupree.    Expected and HOPED he would figure out how to use his athletic prowess to become a dominant pass rusher.  Instead, now I view him as another probable OLB bust who has no idea how to use his hands or beat blocks other than trying to run around them.     Dupree is a huge huge HUGE disappointment because he showed literally ZERO progression....and if anything, regressed.   

I watched a bunch of film on Dupree and got the distinct impression that he's being used incorrectly. He's not a pass rusher - he doesn't have any discernible pass rush moves and is too much of a 'straight line' athlete to win in the trenches. He seems much better suited for the "Joker" LB role, like Jamie Collins when he was in New England. Have him play off the line and cover the opponent's biggest threat either at TE or out of the backfield, and mix in some A-gap blitzes.

for the 49ers, I'm going to go with Armstead. Hurt again and couldn't finish the season. Was a bad fit for the defense as most fans feared leading into the year, and wasn't very productive when in there. 

Dishonorable mentions to 

Rashard Robinson. All sorts of issues there. 

Archived