2018 Free Agency

turtle28

57 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I watched every KC game closely over the last 5 years, and have mad respect for DJ and his career. 

That said, I respectfully disagree with PFF on his coverage rankings... just as I feel sure most KC fans would.. and have. 

Alright if you are saying it than I believe you. These stats and science crap aren't always accurate.

25 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Huge chunk of cap space there with Suh.. but if he can help with the problematic run defense, and be a 3 down player still? 

certainly would not be displeasing...

Id say it'd be worth it ...  I remember gruden saying he wanted Campbell. We obviously didn't get him but I do see skins still finding another starter on the DL . Suh would be good for our defensive line.

for all we know our O plays good and some touch up on the D takes us to the Super Bowl .

8 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Id say it'd be worth it ...  I remember gruden saying he wanted Campbell. We obviously didn't get him but I do see skins still finding another starter on the DL . Sub would be good for our defensive line.

for all we know our O plays good and some touch up on the D takes us to the Super Bowl .

I am reading over the player contracts listed on Spotrac. I was disappointed with what I found, in regard to the DL.

They appear to be badly on the hook for another year with Terrell McClain. His base salary is guaranteed, which makes him too painful to cut free of this offseason. 7 mil in dead money, ffs. 

They can save 1.6 mil for cutting loose McGee, but even that hurts a bit with the 3.2 mil dead money. Doable though. 

Ziggy Hood can be dumped for about 1.4 mil.. if they feel he isn't worth it. 

So what could the DL look like? 

DE NK Suh / McClain    
NT rd 1-4 draft pick  /  McGee     
DE Matt Ioannidis /       Anthony Lanier II

What's the deal with McClain? were they just insane to offer that contract to him, or was he really supposed to be good at that time? I know nothing about him, really. 

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I am reading over the player contracts listed on Spotrac. I was disappointed with what I found, in regard to the DL.

They appear to be badly on the hook for another year with Terrell McClain. His base salary is guaranteed, which makes him too painful to cut free of this offseason. 7 mil in dead money, ffs. 

They can save 1.6 mil for cutting loose McGee, but even that hurts a bit with the 3.2 mil dead money. Doable though. 

DE NK Suh / McClain    

What's the deal with McClain? were they just insane to offer that contract to him, or was he really supposed to be good at that time? I know nothing about him, really. 

Interesting I will say that the cap as of now isn't included yet with Smith 17mil yet until march. Idk what Suh price tag would be if he got released . 

Id say wher Campbell price was but this time skins have more cap than last year .

7 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

DE NK Suh / McClain    

We have Jonathan Allen as our starting RDE. If we sign Suh, he would replace Ioannidis as the starting LDE. I don’t think it’s a necessary signing TBH. If he’s not too expensive I’d be for it but I think we are fine at DE, we need a starting NT who is preferably draft in round 1 by taking Payne.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We have Jonathan Allen as our starting RDE. If we sign Suh, he would replace Ioannidis as the starting LDE. I don’t think it’s a necessary signing TBH. If he’s not too expensive I’d be for it but I think we are fine at DE, we need a starting NT who is preferably draft in round 1 by taking Payne.

Suh is an elite player turtle . We also would be in alot of 4 man looks since we run nickle a lot . 

So it's about rotation and having a very good DL  .

Suh can handle the NT position and DE. He is above Matt and Allen as of now .

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

UGH... brain fart, apologies. I knew that. Getting old sucks. ¬¬

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Per roto - Brandon Marshall and DRC are release candidates . 

I’d be interested in DRC to come in and take over the slot position until Holsey develops - if he ever does.

I’m not interested in Marshall at all, he brings issues to most lockerooms and he’s getting old.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d be interested in DRC to come in and take over the slot position until Holsey develops - if he ever does.

I’m not interested in Marshall at all, he brings issues to most lockerooms and he’s getting old.

Agreed on Marshall . Love him as a player but after that injury he had I wouldn't take him. He be just a camp folder .

idk how good DRC is in the slot but he's fast and tall . 

Edit : so apperntly DRC played some free safety and moved to the slot . It earned him second team all pro while playing in the slot position .

Vontae Davis is medically cleared . Not saying he's my first choice but he is clearly a Bruce Allentown Redskins choice . Before his injury last year he was a pretty good corner .

at 29, and medically clear it makes sense . His brother (Vernon Davis) is here and he wouldn't cost a lot. A big reason also to why he signs on a cheap one year deal is that Manusky was the defensive coordinator back in Indy.

Fully expect him or Breeland back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916194/article/dez-bryant-jordy-nelson-among-nfc-cut-candidates%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Danalysis%3Bplyr%3Djordy_nelson%3Bplyr%3Djonathan_stewart%3Bplyr%3Ddominique_rodgers-cromartie&p.ct=Analysis&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23000&p.bgc1m=%23EAEAEA&sr=amp

^^

potential candidate released list . One player that caught my eye was Robert Quinn. But I doubt that dude settles for a back up or rotational role.

am interested in DRC if Breeland isn't back . If we can't sign Watkins/Landry/or even Allen Robinson than I'd look into Gabriel .

I do like dez Bryant as a vet option. he isn't 1200 yards great but he atleast can be reliable as someone who can catch .

Archived