2018 Free Agency

turtle28

8 hours ago, mike23md said:

I want drafted OL. Dont like free agent OL considering they tend to float their price more than it should be. 

The only thing is that I don’t see us going OG in round 1 - I’d hope in round 2 we don’t take an OG over RB, if we don’t take a RB in round 1 - we don’t have a 3rd round pick now, and it’s unlikely a 4th round pick comes in and starts year 1.

So, where does that leave us?

That leads us to finding an answer at LG in free agency. It just makes the most sense and is likely our only option. We don’t need to go out and sign the top OG on the market but we need to sign someone or bring back Lauvao, Long or Kouandjio or all 3 and have them battle it out for the starting LG spot. The other two can be our back up interior OL. 

I know this doesn't exactly belong in here, but I was reading up on your 2017 draft pick, WR Robert Davis from Georgia State. I remembered the name from the prior draft process, but lost track of the details. 

http://www.redskins.com/news/blog/article-1/Seven-Things-Weve-Learned-About-Robert-Davis/1c6fc3eb-84fb-4d15-a398-cbd2fd1e1be3

All in all, sounds pretty awesome. I know I know... late rd picks, right? 

Does anyone think he might really surprise, and kick some arse? 

18 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I know this doesn't exactly belong in here, but I was reading up on your 2017 draft pick, WR Robert Davis from Georgia State. I remembered the name from the prior draft process, but lost track of the details. 

http://www.redskins.com/news/blog/article-1/Seven-Things-Weve-Learned-About-Robert-Davis/1c6fc3eb-84fb-4d15-a398-cbd2fd1e1be3

All in all, sounds pretty awesome. I know I know... late rd picks, right? 

Does anyone think he might really surprise, and kick some arse? 

He has potential for sure, but obviously has a lot of work to do. Perhaps he can work his way into being a good 4th option and stud special teams stud but beyond  that is a total enigma.

We also have Maurice Harris who’s flashed some and made the catch of the year last year for us vs Minnesota but hasn’t become a consistent wr yet. I think it’s mroe likely that Harris becomes a starter in the future than Davis.

Arguably, Harris should have gotten more playing time last year over the three guys who were playing ahead of him - Doctson, Grant and Pryor - just to see more of what Harris could do.

5 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I see skins signing Crabtree or Eric decker . I don't see them going to heavy at all.

Thoughts on an Alex + Jeremy Maclin reunion? Ravens may cut him loose, and my guess is he would be available for a 3-4 mil a yr deal. Make it an incentive laden deal, just in case. I liked JMac in KC, but back then, he was making crazy money that he's just not going to see again. 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Thoughts on an Alex + Jeremy Maclin reunion? Ravens may cut him loose, and my guess is he would be available for a 3-4 mil a yr deal. Make it an incentive laden deal, just in case. I liked JMac in KC, but back then, he was making crazy money that he's just not going to see again. 

Idk dude macklin isn't a bad option but I think he's done . A vet minim sure ? But him being injured slowed him down .

A lot dislike the idea of dez Bryant after he's released . But he's a vet and was held back by prescott . He be a nice option if his price tags cheap.

im already assuming Watkins/Landry/Robinson , don't come here .

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Malcolm Butler will probably be available, anyone interested?  Not sure how much he will cost but might be worth it at the right price. 

I am starting to prefer the idea of adding a FA player for both of the trenches. NT or LG that will battle and likely win the starting role. 

Then, draft a speedy WR early.. and a CB later to add depth and competition. This could give Moreau, Dunbar, even Holsey a longer look to impress. 

8 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Maclin can’t stay healthy. He tore his Acl in Philadelphia and had multiple injuries last year. I guess if it’s Ann incentive laden deal it wouldn’t be awful but I’d rather go in another direction.

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I am starting to prefer the idea of adding a FA player for both of the trenches. NT or LG that will battle and likely win the starting role. 

Then, draft a speedy WR early.. and a CB later to add depth and competition. This could give Moreau, Dunbar, even Holsey a longer look to impress. 

This WR Class is pretty weak though.

Archived