2018 Free Agency

turtle28

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Because it's an issue that can be fixed in the NFL . And I'm more about winning games than stats .

ill be honest my ranking in this draft :

Darnold

mayfield

rosen

jackson

allen

rudolph

But if allens drafted I won't be mad .

You do realize that stats like completion %, yards, TDs, and a Low int % do help you win games correct?

The goal is to move the ball, get first downs and put yourself in position to score, the Redskins have done that well through the air the last 3 years.

Our issues have been we couldn’t run the ball from within the 10 yard line well enough to score rushing TDs and our defense gave up too many points a yards.

So, stats matter. 

We have a qb who’s accounted for 34, 29 & 31 TDs in each of his last 3 seasons. That matters.

6 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Why are you guys talking about these bums when Kyle Lauletta was the MVP.  Bunch of yards and 3 TD passes .. sheez man ! :P

I think he’s going to be a good Pro, will he be a starter or a good back up? I’m leaning towards good back up for him rather than good starting qb.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

You do realize that stats like completion %, yards, TDs, and a Low int % do help you win games correct?

The goal is to move the ball, get first downs and put yourself in position to score, the Redskins have done that well through the air the last 3 years.

Our issues have been we couldn’t run the ball from within the 10 yard line well enough to score rushing TDs and our defense gave up too many points a yards.

So, stats matter. 

We have a qb who’s accounted for 34, 29 & 31 TDs in each of his last 3 seasons. That matters.

I just deleted 10 paragraphs because for years you've been about stats ..idk why .

3 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I just deleted 10 paragraphs because for years you've been about stats ..idk why .

Because they matter. The stats show our passing offense has been good, even great at times since Kirk became the starter in 2015 but the stats also show our running game - especially efficiency of our running game in the red zone - and our defense have sucked since 2011.

And don’t say you don’t care about stats, you’ll be the first to point out that our defense isn’t top 10 - which is a stat - but you think it could be if we get a NT like Bennie Logan and you always point out what Kirk hasnt done, like he’s never thrown for over 30 TDs rather than what he’s done for this franchise despite the rest of the team straight up sucking.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Because they matter. The stats show our passing offense has been good, even great at times since Kirk became the starter in 2015 but the stats also show our running game - especially efficiency of our running game in the red zone - and our defense have sucked since 2011.

And don’t say you don’t care about stats, you’ll be the first to point out that our defense isn’t top 10 - which is a stat - but you think it could be if we get a NT like Bennie Logan and you always point out what Kirk hasnt done, like he’s never thrown for over 30 TDs rather than what he’s done for this franchise despite the rest of the team straight up sucking.

Lol ok so if I bring an article or any evidence it's overrated

As I understand it the Redskins are to receive a 3rd pick in the 2019 draft when Kirk signs with Denver. 

But, if we sign other free agents this offseason we could lose this pick.

whats better- keep the 2019 3rd pick and not sign F/A players this offseason or should we be active in free agency to get a safety, guard, WR, RB or other need position?

13 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

As I understand it the Redskins are to receive a 3rd pick in the 2019 draft when Kirk signs with Denver. 

whats better- keep the 2019 3rd pick and not sign F/A players this offseason or should we be active in free agency to get a safety, guard, WR, RB or other need position?

Well that 3rd round comp pick would be on a 4 year cheap contract, while the vet FAs could be rather expensive.  Its tough to stay without seeing who's actually available in FA.

17 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I think it has to be a player of equal caliber? 

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I'm not sure I keep reading that in 2015 he tried to play outside .

ill ask a few dolphins fans . But looking unlikely .

Landry played mostly in the slot, which is why he was so productive. If we have to look at a free agent WR, Donte Moncrief wouldnt be a bad option on the cheap, but his injury history would need to be accounted for. 

I like Paul Richardson too, but I think he might cost too much. 

3 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Landry played mostly in the slot, which is why he was so productive. If we have to look at a free agent WR, Donte Moncrief wouldnt be a bad option on the cheap, but his injury history would need to be accounted for. 

I like Paul Richardson too, but I think he might cost too much. 

In our view how good is Donte ? . Richardson is a good pick up if we can get him.

Archived