2018 Free Agency

turtle28

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Demarco Murray would be a good pick up . Idk why fans keep acting like he's a back up guy. lol Henry is arguably gonna be a top 5 back next season while Murray to me is a top 15 .

He didn’t do much last year and will be a year older next year. Also, I’d much rather draft a running back who can be a starter for the next 8 to 10 years than to sign a stop gap RB and probably over pay for him.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I hope so, but I wouldn’t give him much $ because he’s been so unreliable. We also re-signed Dunny and have Moreau so, that’s something to consider. 

Like I said a few weeks back being him in to compete . Let them earn those positions because when healthy Davis was good . 

Im sure we will call for at least a visit . A one year prove it deal makes sense and heck he can battle Dunbar for the starting role . Davis rehab well and should be cheap . Former probowl corner .

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

Like I said a few weeks back being him in to compete . Let them earn those positions because when healthy Davis was good . 

Im sure we will call for at least a visit . A one year prove it deal makes sense and heck he can battle Dunbar for the starting role . Davis rehab well and should be cheap . Former probowl corner .

“FORMER” being the key word, just like Murray is a “FORMER” great back who is now over 30.

IMO Moreau will probably be our starting outside corner next year opposite Norman. I’ll be shocked if Moreau doesn’t beat out Dunny. I think Moreau brings to the table a lot of the same skills that Breeland did except Moreau is faster. 

Just now, turtle28 said:

He didn’t do much last year and will be a year older next year. Also, I’d much rather draft a running back who can be a starter for the next 8 to 10 years than to sign a stop gap RB and probably over pay for him.

He's 29 years old and we arent drafting a RB. You have two younger running backs and one vet is how it should be .

Like he isn't bad at all he can start for us easily . Unless it's a first or second round running back I'm tired of mid or late round backs .

murray can be a difference maker we just need three decent backs not one full time guy . 

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

“FORMER” being the key word, just like Murray is a “FORMER” great back who is now over 30.

IMO Moreau will probably be our starting outside corner next year opposite Norman. I’ll be shocked if Moreau doesn’t beat out Dunny. I think Moreau brings to the table a lot of the same skills that Breeland did except Moreau is faster. 

Dude Davis was injured and Murray got benched because Henry amazing . There's nothing wrong with that .

murray had 1000 yards two years ago I fail to see how he magically sucks just because Henry a better back . Henry probably starts arguably 28 other teams dude .

I'm fine with our unproven corners ? But I didn't see anything yet to give them that much love . There expanable if they don't progress or show anything . We are just praying they replace fuller ,

i don't see what's wrong signing guys who are 30 that's can help . If you haven't noticed the patriots signed a 39 year old linebacker that clearly was still a good pass rusher . 

That doesn't mean anything ... it's based on the system and opportunity Given towards the individual z

We need a running back who is capable of going over 1,000 yards. Murray just turned 30 this February. His best days are behind him. If I’m the GM of the Redskins I’d rather draft a running back in round 2 who can be our starter until he’s 30 or just over.

I’m not at all interested in a 30 year old RB who’s going to cost more than a running back we draft in round 2 and is on the downside of his career.

Draft a running back. 

Vonte Davis is whatever, I don’t care if we sign him or not but he’d have to come in and play on a contract that has mostly incentives and very little guaranteed money.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but it gives you cap space to sign your draft picks.

That’s true. Good point. 

I still wouldn’t cut McClain before training camp. I have no problem with drafting a few DL, re-signing Phil Taylor and signing a starting caliber NT to compete with McClain and McGee for their roster spots but I’m not in favor of letting guys go after just one season because they didn’t play amazing in their first year as free agents.

I’d like to see them get one more chance this offseason to prove they belong on the team before we would consider cutting them. I felt the same way about Stephen Paea. Paea wasn’t great for us in 2015 as he battled a bad back and toe injury in but keeping Reyes over him turned out to be a really stupid decision.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We need a running back who is capable of going over 1,000 yards. Murray just turned 30 this February. His best days are behind him. If I’m the GM of the Redskins I’d rather draft a running back in round 2 who can be our starter until he’s 30 or just over.

I’m not at all interested in a 30 year old RB who’s going to cost more than a running back we draft in round 2 and is on the downside of his career.

Draft a running back. 

Vonte Davis is whatever, I don’t care if we sign him or not but he’d have to come in and play on a contract that has mostly incentives and very little guaranteed money.

We really do not need a 1000 yard back . Thompson a good third down back but he can't carry the rock all the time . Murray had RB experience and yes he would of been again 1000 yard if not for Henry around .

if Perine good than we can bench Murray for him. I don't want a RB unless it's Guice . I wanna build the D and OL .

On 2/22/2018 at 2:05 AM, Doc Draper said:

hold off unless you can get Martin cheap as 

latest?cb=20160130152548

Mighty Mouse has been awful in 4 of his 6 seasons in the Nfl. He was only good in 2015 since his rookie season and has battled substance abuse. He’s not someone you can count on.

Sure, bringing him in on a vet min contract to see if he can regain his 2012 form doesn’t hurt, but you can’t rely on him. If we signed him, I’d still draft a RB high.

Archived