2018 Free Agency

turtle28

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Neither would be #2s. They would both be #1s. Dunbar can handle the slot and fill in when needed. I also think the Smith trade means the team is high on Moreau and Holsey and view either as a viable option for the slot.

Dunbar has never played the slot.  I don't think Moreau did in college either.  

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dunbar has never played the slot.  I don't think Moreau did in college either.  

Thats not to say they could not do it. Before converting to a DB, Dunbar had never played on defense... Moreau was the top CB on his team at UCLA, of course he wouldn't have played in the slot. 

All I am saying, is if Richard wants to play for us, on a reasonable (6-7M AAV) short term deal, I am all for it. The guy can ball.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Thats not to say they could not do it. Before converting to a DB, Dunbar had never played on defense... Moreau was the top CB on his team at UCLA, of course he wouldn't have played in the slot. 

All I am saying, is if Richard wants to play for us, on a reasonable (6-7M AAV) short term deal, I am all for it. The guy can ball.

He could ball, but he's coming off a long list of serious injuries.  He was never the most athletic either.  I would pass personally.  I think we should try to steal Patrick Robinson from the Eagles.    

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

More and more I see us drafting a corner first round . Unless we end up signing a corner via free agency .

If those are the only options, I'd rather go the free agency route because I feel the value at other positions (DL with Vea and Payne or LB with Smith or (highly unlikely) OG with Nelson) is a better proposition.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

If those are the only options, I'd rather go the free agency route because I feel the value at other positions (DL with Vea and Payne or LB with Smith or (highly unlikely) OG with Nelson) is a better proposition.

The only corners that are good are already 29 or 31. Only option would be to bring back Breeland .

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

He could ball, but he's coming off a long list of serious injuries.  He was never the most athletic either.  I would pass personally.  I think we should try to steal Patrick Robinson from the Eagles.    

Patrick Robinson over Richard Sherman? 

200w.gif

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

The only corners that are good are already 29 or 31. Only option would be to bring back Breeland .

It would come down to the contract. 29 would be fine for a couple of years. 31 would require a shorter term deal.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Robinson been up and down his whole career . Sherman been very consistent on what he does . I think his health is at 96 percent , plus we run zone but Sherman a very smart player .

Im willing to take a look at him , if his health is good and he looks the same than I'd take the chance . The only issue I have is what would the contract look like ?. 

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

It would come down to the contract. 29 would be fine for a couple of years. 31 would require a shorter term deal.

Best corner available is Sherman and Butler . Butler is 28 years old but it's rumored that the jets want him . 

Archived